45| Caught In Chaos

ARABELLA

"See, I know that kid, she's in danger, we need to save her!" I shout but he doesn't bulge. I furrow my eyes, "Do you even understand what I'm saying? Do you speak English?"

He steps closer to me with his arms wide open. What the fuck he's trying to do? I take steps back, "Don't come closer, don't you dare touch me!"

Maybe I should head back to the car, I wouldn't want to miss my flight.

But... there were so many of them, Lucius would need help. Especially when Tess is involved in this.

He gestures his hand in the direction of car, "Please"

I begin to walk with him following me. My mind is encircled by many thoughts. It's at unrest.

We reach the car. I can't leave them like that. My mind is already aching with the thought of guilt I'll be feeling if something happens to them. He protected me when I needed it.

I can't just leave.

The guard begins to open the door. In one swift movement, I snatch the gun from his pocket that had been hidden in his jacket all this time. I point it at his waist, "Give me the car keys and get in the car. You'll have to let me go" I speak boldly with urgency.

He doesn't even move.

I hold the trigger tighter. He's not even taking it seriously.

"I can't let you. I'm not-" he opens his mouth to speak, but stops when I point the gun at my chest.

That's when I know I finally have his attention. Can't put my life on risk above his own, I knew it.

He puts the keys on my hand that I offered. "Get in, and don't get out if you don't want to see me hospitalized" I say and he gets in. I lock it once he is in. I don't know what else to do, at least it'll lend me some time while he pulls in the emergency unlock of the car.

I hide the gun inside my jacket and leave quickly.

As I approach the massive gate, I'm surprised to find a large crowd gathered behind it. When I look up, I see a sign that simply reads "Waterpark."

Fuck my life.

I notice a crowd gathered around the gate. They're getting checked by security so they could let them in. I wonder how they got in without passes or any formal entry process.

There are barricades all around, so I start looking for a way to sneak in, having no doubt that I saw them enter through that gate. However, I can't use the easy ticket purchase route because I have a hidden gun in my jacket.

As I continue walking, I realize I'm at the back of the Waterpark and spot a broken wooden barricade on the ground. A security guard is trying to fix it, but I decide to jump inside. He stands up, "Who are you? You can't enter from here, ma'am" he blocks my way.

In a hurried tone, I exclaim, "I saw three men breaking it and rushing outside, they even took my ticket, but sadly, I couldn't catch them!" I express my concern.

The security guard promptly asks, "Oh, can you please describe what they were wearing exactly? I need to inform security," as he takes out his mobile.

After providing some random details, I thank him and enter the Waterpark with relief.

My heart races as I hear the joyful screams of kids splashing in the pools. This fear has always been my constant companion, but today, the urgency of finding Tess and Lucius forces me to forget about it all.

I don't know where exactly to find them, this place is huge. I can't let my fear hold me back.

Suddenly, a familiar face appears in the distance. I see her, standing against the pool. Relief floods through me, but my heart still races. I won't go there.