29| Come Around

ARABELLA

I ball my free hand, and my shoulder pangs when I moved my arm. How can I escape this? My heart is throbbing hard.

I can't function what's happening when I hear a gunshot along with a holler. A shadow swiftly gets passed by the window before the door glides open against me.

Sunlight strikes my face until a shade of a man cast over me. He stands against me and I examine his face.

He's the man I saw in the picture from Luca's room.

"Lucius?" I couldn't help but mumbled the name, "is that you?" This is the first time I can really observe his face. His face with a good one-inch cut over his forehead, it doesn't seem so recent.

"You bastard! How did you get here?!" that man shouts from behind and I turn around. I raise my eyebrows watching him holding his bleeding palm.

The sight of Lucius is a punch of fire to his stomach. The gun has tumbled down on the floor, with a pool of blood encircling it.

The other two men run towards us to attack but one of them stumbles on his feet when Lucius shoots his leg. I see one approaching me with a knife. I pick up the broken chair to hit the other one in his face but I feel a clean slash on my wrist before anything. A drop of blood forms on my elbow as I look at the pierced skin on my wrist.

Fucking hell. I'll sue him.

He falls down before my feet when another gunshot filled my ears. Blood surrounds his head. I gulp and jerk my head away. A pale cast of troubled thoughts and grief dim my sight.

There's silence here. Except for the grunting sounds from the two laying on the floor.

"This isn't over yet, Lucius! You'll face death soon, you can't run away from it forever!" he yelled at him.

"No man can run away from death, Paolo, those who bring threat to my life simply lose their will to live" Soon, they all sink for a few seconds in the strangest calm of their lives.

We both step out of the creepy house. There's a gnawing pain in my stomach. A burning feeling on my wrist.

I look around the open space. There's nobody around here. Just a motorcycle in front of me. What the fuck this place is?

"I need help, can you hurry me out of here?" I sigh, grasping my wrist tightly. Lucius shuts the door behind him before walking towards me on the road.

"It's nothing, though" he says.

Nothing? "But I'm bleeding a bucket!"

He lets out a scoff and backs me to the bike. I watch him taking out a handkerchief, tearing it into two pieces, and tying around the cut on my wrist. I was unable to not let out a gasp in pain when adrenaline hit me hard at his touch. "You can't be this fragile, angel. The knife didn't go so deep. A tight knot only above the cut is enough for now."

The thoughts in my mind suddenly stop rushing around.

I glance down at my feet. Bare feet. "Why did you come here? This area sucks." I say. Not to mention how he has watched me fighting with death.

He sits on the motorcycle and switches the key, "I came here to meet Paolo. I was assuming you know everything about me now, along with my identity. Now take a seat"

I gulp. Of course, he needed to call me out for that. The way I was able to recognise his face.

I glance at my dress. How can I sit on this motorcycle with such outfit? I'd need to sit sideways. "Where would you take me?" I ask, he's waiting for me to finally sit.