17| A Girl

ARABELLA

Who the fuck he is to threaten me like that?

Wait a fucking moment. Did I hear the word 'shoot'?

Why would somebody point a gun at me?

Before I could jerk myself around and twist his hand, I hear another voice.

"Take the gun off her, if you don't want your that head ripped apart from your body" I hear, my eyes are fixed on the brocolli kept in front of me.

That was a different, low voice. Who else is here?

The feel of the gun pointed on my back gets slowly lowered until I couldn't feel it anymore.

I hear a cracking sound and turn around, seeing Renzo silently twisting the hand of a man behind who is wearing a black mask.

"I'll be back, stay here" Renzo tells me and takes leave with the man beside him, snaking his arm around his neck which just looks like a friendly move. But only I can see how much pressure he is giving on him while walking through these customers.

What would they want from me? I just arrived here at this new place. And what Renzo was doing here? Was he checking on me?

I huff, I know who is behind this.

This isn't normal and something that I can ignore. I wait for Renzo to come and within the next two minutes, he reaches back.

"Hi, what have you b-"
"Who was he?" I interrupt when he was about to step near my trolley, to bury my questions nine feet under the ground by checking and discussing what the fuck I've bought.

"He was an old friend of us" he says, letting out a short laugh.

Sure. Dumbest excuse I've ever heard.

"Let's go and make the payment, the line is getting longer" he rattle off and rushes me and the trolley to join the line.

I cross my hands on my chest and see him waiting for our turn to come, standing behind an old lady, tipping his fingers on the trolley's handle.

"Don't think I'm going to stop questioning" I say.

"I didn't expect you to, either, donna"

I roll my eyes and lower my voice, "I won't need the gun to make you spill the beans, Barbie. Think wise"

That made me grab his attention and turn his face at me, "Barbie?!"

I smile and step forward after the old lady before quickly skimming at Renzo's pink hair.

A few minutes passed by with him groaning over the name I just called him by, and our turn finally comes.

"Put the orders together" Renzo says.

My head jerk up and his smirk meets me. His arm extended towards the cashier with a credit card in hand.

I shake my head at the cashier, "Please don't."

"Scusami. It's already done" Renzo says with a heavy Italian accent, smiling at me.

I glare at both of them. When did that happen?

"Grazie, Honora" he says to the cashier and I narrow my eyes.

Does he knows the cashier? I don't know what he said.

If any of the two words he said was a name, I don't even know which one was. Yeah, I'm this dumb in this language.

We both scoot off the place and I take my bags from him, "It's the time to say goodbye." I say.