13| Escape

LUCA

"I can't believe he showed up at your place" Renzo speaks.

I look outside at the beautiful view of this city. Birds chirping and sun about to get disappeared behind these trees. "We are not confirmed yet." Gabriel says, "Let Fantino search first"

"Should I come tomorrow?" Julian's voice comes through the mobile. A smirk touches my lips. She's thinking if she should leave or not, huh?

I turn around to face them. "Boss, you're right. It was him who showed up at the club" Fantino says after staring at the computer screen.

"No" there creeps in her voice, "I'll be going out"

I don't think so, bellissima.

"Why the fuck would he invade into his own enemy's club? That's so ill-conceived idea to attack over boss in his own territory" Renzo says.

Seems like he didn't come there to enmesh me.

"What were the guards and manager doing?!" I rasp in anger.

"Creed. You already had him out of the club's sight after knowing what he did with Arabella" Gabriel says, "It was obviously a fair chance for him to enter. And about security, I'll check"

"Why do you live like you're his puppet? It sounds so pathetic" Arabella's offensive voice comes.

Pathetic?

Oh babe, men kill to be in these places. And you're calling them pathetic?

"Doesn't matter much when you get a couple of millions per month" Julian says. Bastard.

"Hung up the phone" I say.

Gabriel disconnects the call and looks over at me. "How we are going to stop her. Seems like she doesn't like being told what to do"

"I don't think we can stop her from leaving. She will stand down the boss's neck arguing and end up in the club" Renzo speaks and he laughs before speaking further, "Or we can try handling her with our own methods"

A raise my eyebrows, "She cuts paper with a punch, you think you can control her?"

"That's a little too much bragging about your girl, boss" he makes a funny face, but gets serious when he sees me not taking his words well, "Wait, are you serious? What she is? A superhero?"

"A martial arts expert."

"That shit is scary" Renzo sits back. Hell yeah.

"But you must've seen something staged-"

"How dumb can you be, Renzo, remind me why I'm still tolerating you!" I rasp and he grins.

"Because you love m-"

"Shut the fuck up"

"You wish that was not true-" Renzo low-keyed hushed and runs out of the room when I was about to make him sleep forever.

I can't let her meet him. And I know very well she's not going to her me out. "Let the trouble have her moment in getting ready and leave the house" I say, "I'll handle the rest."

ARABELLA

I make an appearance at the exit gate of this hell. The guard gets alert just when he sees me coming near him. Julian did his best to stop me and make me go to Luca first but it seems like I have some problem with my ears.