30| The Wall of Questions

ARABELLA

"Who are you?" I ask.

He chuckles, shaking his head, "Everything about me is right in front of you, you just need to realise."

The nurse enters the room again, following a doctor. After being done with everything, I get up from the bed and smile at her, "Thank you so much, I won't be able to pay your fee right now but I'll pay it online as soon as I get access to my e-wallet. I'm really sorry"

She chuckles, "Don't worry about that. Lucius has managed it all"

I watched his face, and pass him a smile. I need to inform Luca I'm safe, he mustn't be taking it so well. It's already evening and about to get dark.

Shall I ask him if he has Luca's mobile number? Since Luca knows him and even has his picture in the drawer, maybe Lucius knows him too?

It was too complex to even approach the topic. I said nothing as Lucius directed me out of the small building.

"How much time would it take to get back?" I ask.

"Your home? That's about two hours away"

"How do you know where do I live?" I narrowed my eyes.

He nods, "I assumed it's somewhere near the club we met at"

I sigh and sit after him in the bike. "I need to make a call."

"My mobile's battery is dead" he tells and I sigh again, tiredly. "My house is in the middle of the route itself, though. You can call from there."

I nod, "Fine"

~~~

I glance at the dressing done on my wrist that feels numb and kind of burning a bit.

It's nothing.

I grit my teeth and shake the thought away. It's relaxing. Apart from this, the thought of Luca bothers my mind once again.

Lucius stops the bike in front of a building which seems like a laneway house. The area around it is lit by the sunshine and greenery. It's absolutely exquisite.

"Water or beer?" he questions and walks straight after showing me the telephone kept inside a room here.

I make my way to the nightstand on which the telephone is kept, "Beer, duh"

I sit on the bed and dial dad's mobile number, it beeps.

There's no way Neville would pick up an unknown number, that too, a telephone number.

"Is this a spam call? I've told you all so many times to cut my number off the list-"

"Dad, it's me" I interrupt and he paused.

"Ara? Why did you call me with a telephone number? Is everything ok?" he questions.

"Yes, my mobile's battery died. I just wanted to talk with Neville. He wouldn't pick up an unknown number so could you please pass him this number and ask him to call here?"

I should try keeping more contact numbers in my mind.

Dad agreed to do as I said and I wait for Neville to call me. I didn't know Neville still had his contacts with Luca until he asked him for help.

A guilty emotion hits my insides, I'm hiding so much from my family. But I can't just tell them everything, can I? Everything that Luca has here... the things that he does here. Yeah, I can't.