8

"Okay class, our midterms exam will start next week. So I suggest starting studying right now." Their homeroom teacher announced, making the whole class groaned.

Since the kiss incident, Donghyuck's friendship with Mark remained stagnant, stuck in a line. It became awkward, especially for Mark.

Despite their awareness, they remained together. Doing every bestfriends do, just without skinship. Since then, Mark started to reject Donghyuck's every kind of physical affection. Even putting his arms around the older's shoulder is now a no-no for Mark.

Because of that, Donghyuck was devastated. He apologized to Mark, thinking it was his fault for being too close with him.

"We can continue being bestfriends Donghyuck, but without the clinginess. I think we're too old for that." Mark said apologetically smiling. Donghyuck feelings were crushed but painfully agreed nonetheless.

After their midterm announcement, Mark and Donghyuck spent time together studying, specifically helping Donghyuck with his general subjects and especially mathematic-related subjects. Since classes are finished, they decide to continue studying at Donghyuck's home.

Donghyuck's mathematical subject in art course includes analysis, algebra and geometry, and their history.

While Mark is teaching, Donghyuck can't seem to focus since he's very near.

His lips look so soft and kissable

His hair looks so fluffy

His eyes are so charming

His face is so gorgeous
.
.
.
.
.
I want to kiss him...

"Uhh Hyuckie, is everything okay?" Donghyuck snapped out of his fantasy as he was interrupted by Mark's question.

"O...oh!!! Of course, I'm okay. I'm just having a hard time understanding and concentrating." Donghyuck grumbled, making Mark worry.

"Are you sure? You look stressed." Mark asks in a worrying tone.

"I'm fine, I just have difficulty in sleeping, since midterms is next week," Donghyuck reassured Mark but the older doesn't seem convinced.

"You can rest now, we'll just continue this tomorrow at school. Just text me when you're on a break."

Mark was about to leave when Donghyuck grabbed him by his wrist, making the older confused.

"Is there something wrong Hyuckie?" Mark asked in confusion.

"Do you wanna eat dinner with me? Mom cooked us soft tofu stew." Donghyuck asked staring at Mark.

Mark can't resist Donghyuck's kitten eyes so accepted his offer to eat dinner with him.

"Of course, who am I to resist my bestfriend?" Mark smiled as Donghyuck grinned.

After they are dinner, Mark and Donghyuck wave each other goodbye until the older is out of sight.

Donghyuck sighed as he went back inside.

"Are you okay dear? You look sad." His mom asked with a worrying and concerned tone.

Donghyuck doesn't like making his mother worried, as she is too stressed from work.

"I'm fine mom. It's just midterms, they are killing me." Donghyuck reassured as his mom nodded.

"I'm just here for you dear, if you need anything just call me." Donghyucks' mom kissed his forehead as the latter went up to his room.

As he hit the bed, his tears keep flowing out of his eyes, in very deep thought.

I really like you, Mark. Why can't you like me back?.....