Chapter 46.

Chapter 46

Calm. The birds chirping outside, the flutter of the harpies' wings, the distant crash of the waves, and opening her eyes to meet a blue gaze.

He smiled seeing her awake, and she returned the smile, thankful that he was okay, until she remembered the price she paid.

Jay. Killing him in hopes that it would help with everything around her, and her smile faded as he helped her up.

She placed her hand on her stomach, where her stab wound was but there was no blood. No cut. Nothing that suggested she had stabbed herself just a couple hours ago.

Only then she realised she wasn't even in the infirmary. She was on her bunk bed in her cabin, and Edward sat at the edge of her bed, looking at her confusion.

"We took you to the water. It healed you," he whispered, as if anything louder than that would startle her.

She looked over at Percy's bed that was still empty, and clumsily made (which in Percy's language is considered neat) as her vision focused, and her head stopped spinning.

"He had enough power to make it back to shore, but he passed out. Annabeth's looking after him in the infirmary."

"I-" the words got caught in her throat, not wanting to speak in case her voice betrayed her. The tears welled in her eyes, and she gulped, trying to clear her throat and make her voice stronger.

"Does anyone know what I did?" She tried to be vague in case he didn't know.

He shook his head slightly, taking her hands into his. "Thanatos watched you for the entire thing and alerted Chiron. I was making my way back to pick you both up and I saw it. No one else said anything about it, even if they saw it."

A tear slipped from her eye, and she rubbed her nose with her free hand. He gently wiped away her teardrop.

There was a frantic knock on the door, and Edward quickly pulled his hand away before a curly haired blonde Will stuck his head in.

"Oh good. You're awake. Chiron wants to talk to you. Now," he said, without enthusiasm that she was good, but just in his monotonous voice that stated he was sent to deliver a message and not be anyone's friend. Why would anyone be her friend after what she did?

Just from the way he had said it, he knew word had spread and everyone was aware of what she did; and if they weren't, they would find out soon.

*

*almost 7 months ago*
Poseidon had returned almost when the sun was setting, his hands filled with numerous bags, a variety of food and drinks for her.

He also built a makeshift tent, using just one tarpaulin and strung it from tree to tree to make a shelter, and the other one lay on the ground, so she could rest.

He set it down on the floor, as she sat up, staring at him intensely that he didn't even have to look at her to know she was looking at him.

"What do you mean that there's going to be a war?" She finally spoke as he sat against the tree opposite her.

"Who kidnapped you Priya? Do you know?" He ignored her question, asking one of his own.

"No- but he said he wanted revenge for what you did to him," she motioned to her face, remembering how the Titan's face was scarred and burned.

"It's no surprise that the Titans and gods, have been fighting since the earth was created. Oceanus and I fought for the same place; the same power-"

"Then why kidnap me? Why not go after you himself?"