Chapter 35.

Chapter 35.

Percy sat in front of Priya, before the lake and called out to Poseidon. Nothing happened. No ripple in the water, or light in the sky. Nothing. He used his hands to channel the water to Priya, thought it did nothing for her and she remained the same. This time he was getting angry.

"Dad! This is your fault! It's all because of you, and yet you're up there and you won't do a single thing to help her!" Percy yelled, picking up a rock and throwing it into the water, scaring a few of the water naiads that lived there. "Poseidon! Answer me and help her!"

The sky thundered loudly, but nothing happened. For a few minutes after, there was still silence, as Percy looked out at the lake, while I sat next to Priya, lending my shoulder for her to rest her head on.

Chiron and Zale looked at each other with worried expressions on their faces.

"People do all sorts of things for you. I do everything you want! You used her and now you won't do anything for her in return! You're no father to her!" Percy yelled, attracting the stares of nearby demigods, who were only training near the lake, to get a glimpse of our current situation.
"Gods dammit!" Percy yelled, rushing towards Priya and I, motioning for me to help her get to her feet.

We helped her up, and propped her, with each of her arms around our shoulders, as Will and Ed watched and tried to clear some demigods back.
Percy looked up at the Cliffs in which Chiron and Zale were located, staring back at them before walking off together with us.

As we walked back to the infirmary, Will and Ed advised us that it would be best if Priya stayed in the infirmary where they could look after her. Although Percy was reluctant, he agreed under the condition that no one besides certain persons would be allowed to visit her, including the four of them, Chiron, Nico. Anyone else who wanted to see her, needs permission from him.

After getting her back onto the bed, comfortably, Percy kissed her forehead, as she looked up at him wearily.
As he turned to walk away, she held back his palm and whispered a small thank you in hopes that it may help him feel better about his futile efforts to heal her. "Brother, it's no your fault. And it isn't his either." She whispered.

(Third person pov)

Percy and Jay sat on the steps outside Cabin 3, not knowing what to say to each other. Zale, walking past them, stopped abruptly and sat down, besides them although uninvited.

"How is Priya?" He asked softly, looking from Percy to Jay.
"Oh she's great you know. It's not like we just tried to heal at the lake and it didn't work, because my father is a selfish person who only cares about doing things that'll benefit him!" Percy replied, his voice rising as he continued. The sky only got darker, and thunder and lightning continued.
"Percy, you may be angry at him, but he's still your father. And he's still a god, who doesn't take lightly to insults," Jay warned.

"She's the same. She's here physically, but other than that, we've lost her," I replied, softly.
"Do you think she's going to recover?" Zale asked, looking past me at Percy, directing the question to him. However, Percy was now staring forward, as if we weren't there next to him. Taken by the sorry, self-blaming expression stitched onto his face, I looked at Zale and replied.

"Honestly, I don't. Gods I hope she does but look at what she's been through. She met her father, and ran away after he told her about a quest he had planned for her. Poseidon met me when I was searching for her, and I don't know why," I ranted.
Zale nodded his head in understanding and said, "she'll be fine. The gods will help her. Maybe Poseidon will help her."
"How? How is he supposed to help her if the water wasn't healing her? You think he cares anymore? No! Percy was right; the Gods don't care about what happens to us once we get the job done!" I yelled, snapping Percy out of his thoughts and he now looked at me.
Percy clapped his hand on my back as he got up and walked away. Zale, taking that as his cue to leave, got up.
"Chiron won't let anything happen to her. I know you Jay, and I know Percy. Both of you won't let anything happen to her either," Zale said softly, before walking off.

Percy woke up the next morning and made his way to the amphitheater, after having breakfast. However, before he entered, he noticed someone training outside on the bright green grass, with the sun shining onto them. Mesmerised by their actions and sword movements, he tried to figure out who it might be, but the protective helmet and armour was obscuring his view. There were only few persons that he knew could fight that well.

As he watched on, he noticed that two persons were sparring, both of them exceptionally well at. The one with the blue helmet kicked the ankle of the one with the red helmet, causing him to fall to the ground. However, he fought back and managed to get the sword away from his attacker and pinned him to the ground.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't throw the sword too far, and his attacker pulled it towards himself, with his foot, picked it up with his hand and then held it right up to his neck, although still pinned.

The attacker laughed and then got up, extending a hand to help his partner up. The guy removed the red helmet, only for it to be revealed as Zale, which obviously annoyed Percy. There was just something off about him that he couldn't quite pinpoint. He waited anxiously to see who was under the blue helmet, and as soon as it was removed, his heart dropped.

The familiar long light brown hair fell at her sides as she laughed alongside Zale. Her smile faded, as her strong sea green eyes pierced through Percy.
Percy still shocked and confused stared at her and then ran up to her and wrapped his arms around her, just as she did the same.

"Priya? How are you-? How is this possible?you were in the infirmary last night," Percy said, releasing his sister after a tight embrace.
"Percy. I'm fine. I'm me again. All I remember is going to find my mother and then I woke up here last night," Priya replied, combing Percy's messy hair.
"I don't understand! I tried everything," Percy exclaimed, pulling her back in for a hug.
"I missed you too idiot," Priya said, hugging him.
Percy laughed at Priya's remark. Ever since she had known him, she always called him idiot, out of fondness rather than bullying.
"I missed you too sis," Percy replied, smiling.

Campers gathered around them and soon everyone was looking on and clapping, causing Percy and Priya to pull apart.

"I guess maybe the Gods do listen to some of the things we say. It just takes a little bit longer for them to answer it," Zale said as he patted Percy on his back and he walked past them, nodding at Priya.

Jay emerged from between the crowds and looked at Priya and Percy shocked, before running up to them after Percy noticed him, wrapping his arms around Priya in a tight embrace.

They finally pulled away after what felt like minutes, but Jay and Percy still continued to stare at her as if she wasn't real. They continued talking to her, trying to see what she remembers but their efforts were futile. She remembered nothing at all.

The crowds parted, and Chiron came galloping through, towards them stopping in front of Priya and staring at her. His expression softened for a while as she smiled at him, him returning it.

Then he noticed the swords and looked at Zale harshly before saying, "Zale, May I have a word with you. In my office now."
With those words, he turned around and galloped out of sight, with Zale looking around and then taking off behind him.