Chapter 28.

Chapter 28

(Priya's POV)

Even though I believed what Poseidon says, I still wasn't convinced enough to stay and let him train me. So what did I do? Like all stubborn half bloods of his (Percy and I), I left and searched for some form of human life. I lifted my backpack, and followed the trail, not knowing where it lead.

Soon enough, at least sooner than I had thought I found a deserted long straight road. Only after 2 hours of walking. The sun was now setting and the orange purple mist reminded me of our campfires at Half Blood. One car passed every few minutes and I tried to hail them out but they wouldn't stop. Then again, who would stop for a stranger that looked like they've been to hell and back? Oh wait...

I decided to walk against the traffic and hoped that I would end up near a motel or something like that. I wanted to go back to camp. I wanted to see my brother and I wanted to see my best friend. I stayed in Tartarus for 4 months Poseidon told me but somehow it felt more like 4 years. Then he spent a month trying to find me. Of course I made it difficult for him since I was always on the run. 5 months altogether have passed since our quest was supposed to come to an end.

5 months. A lot of things could change in 5 months. Surely I've changed. Finally I reached a hotel drenched in sweat and accepted any room that they had to offer. I went up to the fifth floor and threw my bag onto the bed and immediately got changed and took a bath. I stayed in the shower for longer that I could imagine, looking at the various scars I had obtained and then I got dressed and walked out, in search of some food. The scars were still fresh so I knew that if I went Into the lake at camp, or even any ocean or open body of water, that they'd heal. Probably heal. But that was the least of my concerns.

I walked out, with only the little bit of money that I had and my bracelet and went to a breakfast joint that was next to the hotel. I was anxious of being followed so I was always on the lookout. Eventually after a good while of eating and enjoying some solid food for some time while watching the news, I let myself go.

Why don't I just return to camp, you ask? Well I ran away from Poseidon... I wasn't ready for whatever quest he had for me. As for Camp, that would be the first place he'd look for me, so I decided that I would be better off alone.

I walked back up to my hotel room alone and lie on the bed and tried to figure out what happened. I haven't been able to sleep properly since being tortured since all the feelings just came back. So I would usually just lie awake until the morning comes. Or if I actually did fall asleep, I'd usually wake up sweating and screaming because of these nightmares. They were horrible.

I put on the tv and say on the edge of the bed watching the news for any sign of something unusual. However, nothing happened and soon enough I fell asleep.

(Jay's POV)

Looking out at the sunset behind the lake just made me realize how much I missed her. It's been so many months since I've seen her but it felt longer. How was I even surviving without her. She was my girl... but even more she was my best friend. The first friend I made at camp. How was I suppose to go through my day without hearing her laughter or her teases because she was always better than me at sword fight? I couldn't.

I decided to lay on the shore tonight and just look at the stars. Campers aren't allowed to do that but somehow Chiron always managed to bend the rules for some of us. Especially at times when he knew we needed it.

***
I was running towards camp, 12 years old holding my stomach, exhausted until I couldn't run anymore. I was almost at the entrance and I knew that I'd be safe. But I couldn't make it. I couldn't run anymore and I was bleeding even more. All I remember was my dad telling me to keep running, no matter what. And so I did. The last thing I saw before passing out was a little girl holding an older guy's hand and pulling him towards me.

"Percy, he's waking!!!" I heard and opened my eyes to a blurry vision of the girl staring at me.

I backed up, not knowing who they were or whether I should trust them or not.

"It's okay. You don't need to be afraid. I'm Percy and that's my little sister, Priya. Who are you?" He said calmly.
"I'm Jay. I was looking for a place. Can you tell me where it is?" I asked, not even knowing if they would be able to help me or not.
" What's the name of this place?" the guy replied.
"Percy, he's talking about camp." The little girl said holding onto her brother's hand.
"Priya, you're not supposed to mention it."
"Wait. I'm looking for Camp Half Blood. It's supposed to be for people like me." I replied.
"You mean demigods. We can help you get there. It's not too far from here but you're going to need help since you've lost a lot of blood."

I trusted them and leaned on Percy for support while Priya lead the way. He carried me to the infirmary where I got treated until I was feeling better. Percy came back to check in on me in the late afternoon.

"How are you doing, Jay?"
"I'm better now. Thanks."
"No problem. Just glad that another demigod could make it to camp safely."
"I wouldn't have if you and your sister didn't help me. I thought that you weren't supposed to leave camp? Why were both of you outside?" I asked, interested.
"I'll tell you a secret. But you have to promise not to tell anyone. Priya came into camp when she was 8. She had a hard time adjusting and so when she was claimed, I made her promise that I'd take her out of camp whenever she wanted, so that she could see the outside world. She's 12 now and so I have done that ever since. And that's how we stumbled upon you." He said with a smile as if recalling the memories.

Then it all went blank and I saw Priya, her current self, standing alongside the titans, in battle. Her face was bloody and she didn't even look like herself anymore, but somehow I knew it was her. She charged into battle, fighting to the best of her ability. That couldn't be her. How could she possibly fight with the titans when she despises them so much.

In the midst of fighting, she fell onto the ground, clutching her head and screaming for it to stop. What did she want to stop? Her screams echoed even louder than all the swords clashing with each other and the titans roaring.