Chapter 27.

Chapter 27

(Jay's PoV)
I walked up to cabin 6 and knocked on the door. Annabeth answered it with a book in her hand and a pen in her messy bun.
"Jay! Hey how are you?"
"I'm good!! Umm.. is aria here?"
"Yeah. I'll call her," she replied with a raised eyebrow.

Aria walked out and saw me.
"Hi Jay. Uh sorry about last time. I didn't mean to intrude on you or to be creepy or anything."
"That's fine. Uh do you wanna hang out later? Maybe play some volleyball and get some food and stuff?"
" Are you- asking me out?" She asked softly, as if afraid to ask that question.
"I guess I am. So do you agree to it?"
"Yes of course! I'll be there!!" And she wrapped her arms around me and held me tightly.

I turned around and walked to the Arena, where I saw Percy training. Percy and I had a complicated relationship , since I was supposed to protect his sister, but he knew that I would have protected her, if I could. Even if It cost me my life.
I walked over to him and picked up a sword from the rack. I joined in right under his sword and started training with him. He chuckled at me and then started swinging his sword. He slammed me onto the ground and pinned me down but I crawled out from beneath him and pinned him down instead. He kicked himself up and started swinging at me even more l. He was good. No, actually he was the best swordsman we had at camp. This went on for about a half hour non stop, until we both just sat on the dusty ground, sipping our water, and breathing hard.
He stared at his sword for a few minutes until saying a few words.

"I've never trained that hard with someone, since Priya. It's always been by myself cause I feared that I would lose my temper and attack," he said softly looking away from me.
I looked at him. Is that really what he thought? That he won't be able to control himself? "I know that you would never attack any camper Percy. But you have to let yourself train and to be free once more. To be happy."
"I miss her. I barely even sleep since it's just me in my cabin. I couldn't train with anyone else since she was the only one that knew how to challenge me. Only now, you've gained a few skills and could probably give me competition," he said with a slight smile.

I could tell that he added in the last part just to make the conversation seem light-hearted.

"I'm sorry, Percy. I really am," I replied wanting to ask his permission to ask Aria out but deciding that it wasn't the right time.
I got up off the floor and dusted my pants. I picked up my sword and placed it back on the rack.
"You know that she was supposed to plan my engagement? I'm not planning on getting engaged anytime soon but she just loved to talk about it and said that you would've helped her to plan the perfect wedding," He asked also getting up off the floor.
"I can still do that,"
" I'm not getting married anytime soon," he laughed lightly.
"I understand. Whatever you do I'll support you Percy. Remember that," I said to him.
He nodded his head. "Thank you."

I walked out and got ready to meet aria to hang out... or date? I guess I didn't really know what it was.

I met her out by the campfire at 7 and we sat and talked and took on the cool winter breeze.
"Why did you ask me out Jay?" she asked looking at me.
I looked at her. Her face filled with confusion yet intrigue.
"I decided that it was time to move on... like actually move on... not just flings... but something real."
"You think that we could be something real?"
"I'm hoping that we can. Besides I know you felt something for me. Even a little. It's ones of the things that I can."
"What?" She stuttered while spitting some strawberries in the air. "How long did you sense this?"
" Since we visited you in the infirmary the day after you came." I said laughing.
"Oh. Now I'm embarrassed," avoiding my eyes.
"Don't be. It's nothing really. There were loads of half bloods here that I could've sensed it with too... most of them left now to go back to their normal lives I guess."
"Do you miss her?" She asked softly.
"Everyday," I said my voice breaking. "She was my best friend. And I let her down."

(Author's note: I've been thinking about the many MANY ways that I could rewrite this book so much better😂 but thank you to the few people who still read it ❤️❤️)