Chapter 26.

Chapter 26

I was hanging out and getting closer with some girl from the Hermes cabin, when my older brother, by only 2 months, walks towards us.

"Oh my Gods, Jay!" Mason shouts and turns around.
I gently pull away from the girl and stand up, as Mason turns to face me again.
"I'll uh- I'll see you later," I said with no intention of ever seeing her again.
"No you won't," she replied and walked out of our cabin. I was impressed that she could read me so well to know what I meant.

"Jay, you can't keep bringing girls into our cabin," he says sitting down.
"I'm not in our cabin. None of them has ever been in our cabin... only on the stairs."
"It's the same thing. It's our space, not theirs."
"Why do you always have to walk in at the wrong time?" I replied back.
" I've walked in on you about 4 times for the past few weeks!! They sad thing is that they've all been with different girls! Do you even care about them?"
"Listen... I know when things won't work out, and so do they. So what's the harm in just having a little fun, considering we both know the outcome."

He rolled his eyes at my response and sighs.
"That's such a typical thing for a child of Aphrodite to say, and that's not you. You're not one who uses their powers to charm other people, just for their personal benefit. You're not the type to just have fun with everyone. You're committed. You were the one that changed the image of Aphrodite's children at camp. You made people believe that we could be in love and commi-"
"Yeah? And how did that work out for me huh?" I said clenching my jaw.
"Is this about Priya?" he asked looking at my face.
"Don't you dare say her name."
"You guys broke up Jay. Wasn't it your decision? Or was it hers?" He asked intrigued.
"Forget it, Mason. I can't," I said and walked out of the cabin.

Mason ran out after me. "Jay! Stop! Talk to me. I'm your brother. You can't keep avoiding this. It'll only make it worse!"
I stopped and turned to look at him.
"We were still together... even when she... you know. Everyone thought we had broken up, but we didn't. She was only thinking about doing it but I don't think she could've."
"What did you do that she wanted to break up with you?"
I looked at him offended. "Why do you think I did something ?" I said through a smile.
"Between you and her, I'd say you were the one to mess it up," he said defensively, putting his hands in the air.
" I missed one of our dates, because I was showing someone new around."
"And she saw huh?"
"Yeah... that and I guess I was too busy for a couple of weeks."
" Then why didn't she do it?"
"We got called on the quest. She acted cold towards me so I knew she wanted to do it and was just looking for a good time to do it."
"Did she? Before she died?"
I shook my head side to side. I looked at the campers passing by to avoid looking at Mason. " I was supposed to protect her. To be there for her. Yet somehow I knew that when she said forever, that she was going to do something and it wouldn't be forever."

I looked over at Mason and saw his eyes were glossy. I knew this is the way my siblings would react. They always loved a good love story and we're always emotional over the tragic ones. It was in our blood to be that way.
" I didn't know about all of that. I'm sorry, brother. But she would've wanted you to continue living your life, to continue her legacy. To treat other people how you treated her. Jay you're not only living for you; you have to live for her also."
I knew he was right. "How do you give such good advice?"
"Because I'm older than you and therefore wiser." He said shrugging his shoulders, with a smirk on his face.
"Yeah right. 2 months isn't much."
"Ahh.. best 2 months of my entire life." He said getting up and messing up my hair.
"I'll see you around baby bro," he said on purpose, knowing that I hate it when he called me that.

Move on right? That's what he was saying? So I took my chance.

(This chapter was ehh... didn't really like it that much sorry. I'll make up for it🙃☺️)