Chapter 25.

Chapter 25

(Jay's POV)

Piper and I walked back to our cabin around 5 am before the other campers started coming out. We talked about a variety of things, from her relationship with Jason, to the latest camp gossip, to what really happened on my quest.

I got ready and went out for breakfast. After that I went to the arena to practice some sword training. I haven't done that in a while and well, I really couldn't bring myself to do all the physicals today. I was practicing on the dummy when someone walked in and distracted me.

"Jay? I haven't seen you in so long," said Aria.
"Yep. It's me. Haven't been in the arena in so long."
" I saw you training and well, I wanted to ask you to teach me. I mean you're one of the best..."
"Percy's the best. Ask him," I said coldly, as I continued to jab at the dummy.

"Right, but he's advanced and he's also in charge of teaching everyone in general. Plus since he beat me and I was claimed, he hasn't even glanced at me since then. So I thought I'd ask you, seeing as you help me while still improving yourself. It's not like you have to or an-"
I sighed heavily, as sweat dripped down my face. "Aria, it's fine. I could use a partner to practice with. And I'll help you. Don't worry."

I taught her about her stance and soon enough we were fighting each other. Although she lost focus a couple of times and ended up disarmed, I'm sure she has good potential. After practicing for hours and soaking in sweat, we decided to end our session for today.

"Uhm thank for helping me. You didn't have to but thank you," she said while helping me pack away the armour.
"It's no problem. I mean you also helped me in a way so we're even."

She kept looking at me in my eyes while I put away my sword. I observed that, I mean I notice little details. Why does she do it? It's weird.

"Why do you do that?" I asked.
"Do what?"
"Look at my eyes. Even when we were duelling, you did it and that's how I was able to disarm you."
"Oh, I'm sorry," she said,looking away. "It's just that, your eyes are nice and I guess I get distracted by them? I didn't think it would make you feel weird."
She quickly picked up her sword and rushed out of the room while repeatedly saying sorry.

I closed my eyes . I knew that people would start noticing them. They were different now than they were before. But I wished that people didn't realise that they were changing.
I packed up my stuff and rushed back to my cabin.

After showering, I laid on the bed, looking at the ceiling. It was pink with roses and vines and pictures that radiated love. What was I thinking just asking her blatantly about it? I scared her away and now she's probably to embarrassed to even look at me again. It was harmless right? She wasn't falling for me but instead she was just curious about my eyes. Yeah I think that's what this story is. She can't have feelings for me. Not now. Not ever. I won't allow it to happen. Besides if she does fall for me, I can always make her dislike me. The same way I can make people like me.

Its one of my powers. I can control people feelings, at least their feeling of love. It works on almost everyone. Except a few people. Like my other siblings who can do it, a few of the Ares kids and of course, Poseidon's kids. I assume it doesn't work for them because they never allow themselves to be vulnerable or to feel anything for people. Therefore if there's no feeling, none at all, then there's nothing for me to control. Or maybe it's because they're too powerful for my powers to work against them. The same way our usual celestial bronze weapons wouldn't take down some major monsters.

(Author's Note: some of these chapters may be short and others may be long, depending on if I'm experiencing writer's block or not. 😂 I'm still planning this as I go along but it's definitely gonna be interesting. Thank you for all the support so far!!!🖤)