Chapter 17.

Chapter 17

We walked down the mountain as there were no other caves to crawl into. We ended up walking to the other side of the mountain and was now among other people. A populated small town, with a small cafe, couple houses and food places. We decided to stop in by the café to get some food since we haven't had an actual meal in days.

We walked in and Will occupied a table and ordered for us while we went to the bathrooms to freshen up. I looked at myself in the mirror. I washed off the dirt and blood from my face. Priya, just tell him about it. He's been there for you ever since you were 12 years I thought.

I walked out and sat by the table with Edward while Will went to freshen up and check in on Jay. He walked in on Jay throwing up in the last stall.

" Jay!" Will shouted. He ran into the last stall where Jay was now getting up from the floor. " Are you okay? What happened?"

Jay flushed the toilet and washed his hands and rinsed his mouth. " I just felt like I was hanging there, all over again and I felt nauseous. Only threw up water though so it's alright."

" Jay we need to get you back to camp. You can't be here in this condition anymore," Will said concerned.
" I'm going to continue with this quest. I'm good. I'll get over it in a while. This is my quest too."

***
We all sat and ate until our stomachs were filled. That was some good food honestly but then again any food I would've had after not eating for a while would be good. It was nothing compared to camp food though. We decided to get a room in a motel and then leave at sunrise to continue our quest. We only had a few more days until the end of summer, when we needed to get Aphrodite's jewel back to Olympus.

We walked into our room and turned on the tv to watch the news, while each person showered.

" There was an unexplainable explosion in Caplion, 2 hours away from the main city of Bronzeville, just about an hour ago," the news reporter said.

Bronzeville. That's where we are. Is it suspicious that there was an explosion just at the same time we entered the area? Heck yeah. Is it a coincidence? I learned too much about coincidences to say that it is.

" We need to go there," I shouted out, as Edward emerged from the shower.
"Where?" he replied.
"Caplion," said Will. He knows all about that.

Edward explained how he had lived in Caplion for some time before he was claimed and the strange Incidents that always occurred.

It wasn't lone after that we fell asleep. I called dibs on the sofa, Will on the floor and Jay and Edward on one bed each.

***
I woke up sweating after what felt like hours of nightmares non stop. The sky was still dark. I checked the time and it was 12:10 am, only 2 hours after we fell asleep. I tried to sleep again but I couldn't. I was anxious and I couldn't help but stay awake.

I sat up on the couch,still covered with the blanket and turned on the tv to one of the greatest shows created, Friends. After watching 2 episodes, a voice whispered to me.

" Take a walk, Priya. Clear your head."
It was Poseidon's voice. He always knew what to tell me at the right time.

Although it was one in the morning, I put on my hoodie and opened the door ever so gently. Then someone called me.

"Priya?" Jay called. I looked at the bed that Jay was lying on. He was still asleep. Why is he calling for me?