Chapter 22.

Chapter 22

(Priya's POV)

I lost track of time. I started counting my days but lost it eventually. I was tortured, endlessly until the Titan decided not to kill me and made me rest and heal, feeding me nectar and ambrosia, the food and drink of the gods, helping me to heal faster, as to resume to torturing me afterwards.

I sat on the cold ground, bloody and doubtful that I would escape alive. So what was the point in trying to escape? Yet I tried, every single day, to iris message someone at camp, to try to communicate with my father, but with no avail.
Why was I still alive? I told them that I didn't know where my father was, yet they didn't believe that.
I prayed, even though I know that no one was hearing me. I prayed to all the gods, even Hera trying to put aside how much I hated her, hoping that one of them would hear me.

(Jay's POV)

Percy and I returned from our little trip to find Priya and arrived to a huge group of disappointed faces as only the two of us walked through the barrier.
It's been 2 months since we've seen her. I know what everyone was thinking, hell even I think that, but I couldn't give up. I always left on the weekends, pretending to visit my dad but always searching for her. Maybe it was time I give up, but I couldn't. My heart wouldn't let me and my mind wouldn't rest.
My once frequent quests to look for her, soon became scarce as i had just about given up hope every time I returned empty-handed. I only searched for her when I got time, which was rarely.
Only a few campers remained at camp, as the others returned to their other lives, going to school or returning to their jobs. But even they were disappointed and we felt the shift of energy in the air. Camp wasn't as fun as usual, though Chiron encourage everyone to keep training.

Everyone at camp missed her. Percy was different now. He was more determined and pushed himself too much. He almost never returned to his cabin, always staying out after curfew and getting days of washing the dishes and chores piled into him. The environment was different, since it was the first time in years that a demigod who was at camp for years, had died on a quest.

I didn't know how to react. We had a gathering to celebrate her life but there was no body for us to view.
Eventually everyone got back to their usual lives of training and nightly campfires.
I decided to fit in with everyone else by doing the same. I walked down to the lake and lie on the shore, watching the fading sunset.

"Want some company?" A girl asked as she walked up to me.
"Sure," I said as she sat down next to me.
" I'm Aria. I don't think you remember me."
"Oh I kinda do. You're fairly new here, claimed by Athena right?" I said sitting up.
"Yeah, that's me."

I looked out at the water, enjoying the cool wind passing through my hair.
"It's not your fault Jay. No one blames you for Priya's death."
"I do. I blame myself for her death."
"You shouldn't. You couldn't save her. It doesn't benefit you blaming yourself now."
"Thanks... for being here so I can talk to someone." I said knowing that my point was invalid.

Percy and I had gone through this argument multiple times, saying that he should've been the one to protect her, and it wasn't my fault. But he was always the one to take blame for all of us, and there was nothing he could've done to help her.