Chapter 2.

I woke up at 6 this morning and got ready for breakfast at the mess hall and then cabin inspection. Of course the Poseidon cabin is always clean. *cough*yeahright*cough*

With Percy being the one of the inspectors, we always got off the hook easily, as he only deducted points if we had left our weapons here instead of the armoury. He seemed to have selective vision in that he never noticed anything wrong with our room, but I never complained. I didn't need another 3 days of helping the harpies do the dishes. Yeah it was only the two of us but we weren't THAT messy compared to the Ares kids. They have bloody carpets and it's always fresh blood every time.

After inspection, I went to archery class. Now this was one thing that I always troubled Percy with: archery. He was terrible at it. Possibly the worst archer to exist, but I was slightly better than him. I got 3 bulls-eyes out of 8 shots and that was fairly good, or so Will Solace, head counsellor of the Apollo cabin thought.
After practice was done I went to the climbing wall, hoping to finally get to the top without get burned by the lava, or crushed when the walls came together. After climbing to the top, I sat and watched the campers in the canoe lake, enjoying the view from that height. You could see the beach, the strawberry fields, and even the Parthenon from up here, and it was beautiful.

After dinner, Jay and I decided to go swimming. He's a terrible swimmer but I'm teaching him so hopefully he'll get better.
I ducked underwater and saw a hippocampus swimming by towards me. After introducing myself and learning that her name was Sparks, I swam back to Jay on the hippocampus and his expression was priceless.

" That's a hippocampus. I've never seen one up close," he said.
"This is Sparks. Wanna go for a ride?" I asked.
He climbed onto Sparks as she lowered herself and together we toured the waters of the camp on a hippocampus. After what seemed like hours of playing fetch with Sparks, we decided to get out of the lake. We sat on the shore carrying away our own conversations until we both started to shiver.

We were headed back to our cabins when a girl stumbled through the entrance of camp with a bloody face and messy clothes. We ran over to her and she fainted. We rushed her into the infirmary where some nymphs were treating injured campers. They said that they would make sure that she's okay but we can't stay with her, past our curfew unless we wanted to get eaten by hungry harpies.
We both decided it was best to get some rest and check in on her in the morning.