Chapter 32.

Chapter 32.

As I turned around to leave, I noticed something shining at the corner of my eyes. I turned my head and saw a knife, next to a bad of groceries. However it wasn't a knife, but a dagger; a sliver blade with the edges of it outlined in bronze and the handle a deep brown, only partially covered with a kitchen cloth.

Sarah noticed me staring at it and stared at me into my eyes. No doubt she was thinking that I would think she's weird.
"Why do you have a Dagger?" I said curiously.
"It's not mine... well technically it is. My partner gifted it to me as a project during our undergrad," She smiles at me.

I walked up towards the dagger, towering over Sarah who now stood in front the dagger, trying to keep it away from me.

"I think you should go," she said quickly. "If you have no more questions, that is."

I sighed and looked at her, nodding my head. She packed some goodies into a bag and handed it to me on my way out, as I muttered a small 'thank you'.

It only I had turned that blade, Just above the handle, at the start of the blade, I would've seen a small trident engraved in it. It belonged to Priya, I just felt it. She had made it in the forges at camp for arts and crafts. That means she was at her mothers and she didn't want to be found.

If Priya was actually with Sarah, I needed to see her. Opposite their apartment building was an old house, that appeared to be destroyed by a fire, as the walls were still charred. In the older days, it would have been considered to be huge, but now, in the midst of the 10 storey buildings and more, it seemed just a little bit underwhelmed.

I opened the 2 feet tall gate attached to a wire fence of the same height and sheltered under a tree, stretching about 12 feet high into the air. It was not groomed which further proved my point of the house being abandoned. I brace myself against the tree trunk in order to get full view of persons entering and exiting the apartment building. If I went inside the house, I would've been too far to respond if anything happened, so I stayed in the yard. Eventually Priya was going to have to come out, one way or another.

Not too long after, someone wearing a dark hoodie with black jeans, entered the building. This person seemed awfully familiar, just like the man I saw in the convenience store. The muscular structure of this person was hard to forget, especially since I had my concerns of him being a demigod. If he was actually here, then I'm certain he was after Priya.

I picked up my bag and put on my hoodie and made my way inside the building, greeting the security guard. I walked up the stairs, trailing behind the man just enough, so that he wouldn't see me but I would still be able to keep up. He climbed the stairs, passing each storey, one after the other. He stopped at the base of the stairs leading to the 9th floor, where Sarah lived. He sprinted up the stairs and out of my sight. I had to keep up with him no matter what. I wasn't going to let anyone else get hurt.
He stopped in front of apartment number 32, and knocked calmly. Clearly he was planning an ambush, after he was inside. Sarah opened the door with a smile on her face. At once, upon seeing this muscular guy, her smile immediately dropped. She tried to shut the door at once, but he pushed against it, his weight slamming it open, pushing Sarah to the ground. He pulled out a sword, aiming it at Sarah's neck on the floor.

"Where is she? Your daughter, the demigod!" He yelled at her.
"She's not here. Besides, I'll never tell you anything," Sarah spat at him, making her way onto her knees.
"Then I guess I have no purpose for you now!" He said at her, with a smirk on his face. He pulled his blade back, in order to get a good swing.

I jumped into the room, kicking him behind his knees, making him fall to the ground. I kicked away the sword, pinning him to the ground, my dagger at his neck, and my knee on his chest. Sarah stood up, looked at me and backed away. The demigod, pushed me over, and I fought with him to regain dominance. With just once punch, I knocked him out.