¹⁶) Why?

The food was really good and they all went up to claim their rooms. Eddie and Steve were in a room alone so Eddie took the chance to talk to Steve.

“Hey you know earlier when you said je vous aime?” Steve nodded at him slowly, “Well, Robin told me what it meant and-”

Eddie looked up a Steve who looked petrified at the statement he made. He tried to step closer to him but he stepped away, trying to avoid him. Just as he opened his mouth Steve spoke.

“I-I didn’t mean to say that! I didn’t want to say that it just came out!” Steve covered his mouth, regretting what he said.

“What?” He locked eyes with Eddie’s tearful eyes, “You don’t…You don’t love me?”

Steve didn’t know what else to say. He was lost for words. He wanted to die then and there, he wanted to take back those words. Steve does love him.

“Steve you have to answer me.” Eddie’s voice was shaky. “Do you not love me? If so what is all of this?” Steve put his head down in shame, “Is this all some fucking experiment to you?”

Steve kept silent not wanting to screw it up even more. But not talking was screwing up more and more.

“Jesus Christ Steve… I really was just an experiment to you wasn’t I!” Tears started to fall down his face.

I’ve fucked up…

Steve wanted to talk to him but he couldn’t find the words.

“Eddie…” He mumbled trying to reach out to him.
Eddie instantly snatched his hand away from him. Don’t touch me Steve! He couldn’t do anything to fix this… It was going to be all over in a second. Eddie would break up with him and he would be left to die on his lonely pit of sadness once again.

“I love you Eddie…” Steve breathed shakily.

“And it’s a bit late for that. Don’t talk to me Steve. I want nothing to do with you anymore…” And with that finally sentence said Eddie left the room.

Steve stood for a moment on the room before going to find Robin. He knocked on her door trying to hold it together before he got inside. Robin answered to the door to Steve on the verge of crying.

“Holy shit. Steve what happened?” Before Robin could say anything else Steve fell into her arms hugging her tightly; crying into her shoulder.

Robin dragged Steve into the room and closed the door, falling onto the bed with his on top off her. She tried to comfort him and reassure him everything would be okay but Steve was already too far gone into his thought. Silence finally the room with only Steve’s sobs and sniffling.

“Eddie… left me…” He grumbled into her chest.

Her eyes widened in shock and asked why but Steve couldn’t get anything else out for a moment.

“Because I have regretted saying I love you to him… and I didn’t even mean to Robin! I do love him but my words just spilled out as if it wasn’t going to cause a problem! I’m so fucked Robin, I’m fucked!” He sat up and rested against the head board.

Whilst explaining what had happened with him and Eddie she couldn’t help but feel like it was her fault for telling Eddie.

“It’s not your fault by the way, he asked you a question and you just answered.” He embraced her tightly again and she gave a smile.

They stayed in a comfortable silence for a while until Steve went to the bathroom. Robin warned him not do anything stupid and he reassured her he wouldn’t.

Steve stepped into the bathroom and took of the bandages around his wrist, looking down. He shook he head of the intrusive through and washed over the scars. It didn’t burn as much since they had almost healed over but the thought of doing more still surrounded his head. Just as he reached into his pocket he realized he didn’t bring it with him. Fuck… got lucky today I guess. He sighed and left the bathroom, not even bothering to cover the scars since it was just Robin.
She glanced down at the scars and gave a smile before opening her arms and Steve falling on to her.

“Get of me dingus! Your suffocating me with your muscles!” Robin laughed.

“Oh what was that? Sorry didn’t see you down there!” Steve snickered back.

Steve eventually got of off her after her persistent begging.
“You should definitely talk to Eddie though Steve… before it gets to late and you regret it.” She placed a hand on his and smiled softly.

He nodded and he slept on her room for the night since he didn’t want to see Eddie right now.

The rest of the trip Eddie and Steve kept there distance and didn’t even try to hide it from the others. Eddie kept on refusing to even look at him and Steve didn’t want to talk to him. They were both as bad as each other in this argument.

Everyone knew something was wrong with them but none of them questioned. Robin was the only one who knew anything that was going on. Even after the trip once they got back the refused to talk to each other and Steve had to go back to his parents to avoid him.

Steve stood outside his house and took a deep breath preparing for what might happen. He opened the door and as he expected his dad started shouting at him for being immature and running away.

“You worthless brat! Where the fuck have you been!?” He grabbed his collar and Steve didn’t even flinch.

“A friends because I was tired or you fucking bullshit!” a fist met Steve face and blood ran down his nose as he father released and pushed him to the wall.

“Don’t talk back to me. Know your place here Steve.” His father scoffed.

“Fuck you!” Steve yelled at him and his father punched him to the ground.

“I said don’t talk back to me you little shit!” His father yelled hitting him over and over again until he was a bloody mess and passed out of the floor.

Steve got dragged up the stairs and thrown into his room, groaning in pain as he started to slowly wake up. His left the room and he was left to attend to his own wounds. Usually Eddie would do it but since he didn’t want to talk to him or even be seen with him it was hard. Steve didn’t even bother to bandage anything, his plan was to just lay on the floor waiting for him to just rot and eventually die.

Hours later he was still lying on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. He hadn’t ate anything all day. Steve was lost in thought and slowly started to drift off.

I apologize. I am currently crying rn BC of this. I hate myself.