¹⁷) Hospital visits

Steve got dragged up the stairs and thrown into his room, groaning in pain as he started to slowly wake up. His left the room and he was left to attend to his own wounds. Usually Eddie would do it but since he didn’t want to talk to him or even be seen with him it was hard. Steve didn’t even bother to bandage anything, his plan was to just lay on the floor waiting for him to just rot and eventually die.

Hours later he was still lying on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. He hadn’t ate anything all day. Steve was lost in thought and slowly started to drift off.

Morning soon came around and Steve sat up on his floor. He turned around to his alarm 9:00. Shit I have work. When Steve tried to stand up he felt a sudden pain in his ribs.

“Ow fuck!” He groaned.

I think I may of broke a rib but I can’t leave Robin at work alone.. Steve sucked up the pain and got dressed quickly, wincing at every little movement he made. He went downstairs but his father stopped him asked were he was going.

“I’m going to work?” said Steve, slipping on his work vest.

His dad rolled his eyes and let him go. Steve jumped into his car and headed to work.
Once he got to work he barged through the door to Robin and Dustin. They both stared at him as he walked in and behind the counter.

His face was swollen and blood from the night before, when his father beat him up. He sat down on the chair, holding in a sharp breath of pain. Dustin opened his mouth to speak but Steve looked up at him.

“Okay what the fuck Steve?” Dustin said, Steve gave him another look, “You and Eddie are in deep shit and you look like hell? What is going on!”
Robin gave Steve a look of questions as he sighed shakily.

“It’s none of your business.” Steve said coldly.

“Steve you have to talk to him already it’s been over a week!” Robin exclaimed her hand flying everywhere.

“I don’t want to speak to him Robin. He already said he doesn’t even want to see me.” Steve spoke.

“I beg to differ Steve. Remember I am living with him and by the looks of it you aren’t safe home-!” Steve cut Robin off.

“I am doing fucking fine, Robin! I am perfectly fine !” He snapped.

Dustin shared a look with Robin and they both sighed. Dustin soon left waving them both goodbye and they went back to working. Steve went the entire day not talking to Robin which was a shocker since they always talked constantly.

When they were closing up the store Robin grabbed Steve shoulder gently and spun him around to look at her. She gave him a tight hug. Robin didn’t want to want go. She didn’t want him going home to am absolute asshole. But in this matter there wasn’t anything she could do, so she let him go.

Eddie soon came to pick her up and she got into the van.

“You need to talk to Steve.” Eddie bit his lip in frustration at the though of talking to him, “I‘m being dead serious Eddie, he came into work with his fucking face smashed in. Fucking talk to him.”

He turned to Robin almost worried that Steve got beat up. Was it because of his dad? What the fuck happened? Eddie shook his head and carried on driving to his van. Him and Robin sat down on the couch and started drinking. A lot.

Eddie couldn’t get the thought out of his head. Maybe he should talk to Steve? Suck it up and talk to him about what happened. He then tilted his head back on the couch and groaned.

“cant stop thinking about him, can you?” Robin says.
Eddie nodded.

“Its really pissing me off Robin! I don’t what to think of him, I mean don’t get me wrong I want to talk to him but knowing him he’ll get into a pissy mood and slam the door in my fucking face!” Eddie cried, “And that not even the worst that could happen! He could complete just beat the hell out of me!”

“Yea, in his condition? Please he won’t even have a chance!” Robin joked, “Just talk to him Eddie! He stays home another day he will literally die. I’m not joking.”

He groaned but if he was being honest, he really missed him. Eddie really wanted to touch him again and feel the his love again. He was terrified of what Steve could do if he went now so he said he would do it soon. But not right now since he didn’t exactly know what to say.
The rest of the night was just Robin talking to Eddie and drinking all their problems away, which wasn’t the most responsible thing but their lives were pretty shit.
Next day came and Steve didn’t show up to work; it worried her that what if something happened to him. Dustin barged through the door in a panic and Robin questioned him what was wrong.

“Steve’s in hospital! He found on the side of the road, beat the shit out of! Come on lets go! My mom is waiting for us.” Dustin was on the verge of crying

So was Robin when she heard what had happened. They both rushed to the hospital to find Steve staring out the window an laying on the hospital bed. Robin practically threw herself on him, balling her eyes out.

Steve grunted in pain as Robin lifted herself up. Dustin did the same as Robin and hugged him tightly.

“Fuck! Holy shit! I’m not dying or anything…” Said Steve, weakly.

Robin and Dustin were both asked him what had happened but all he could remember was that it had something’s to do with Jason…

Apologies.