18

We stepped in the elevator, and down and down it went.

'

"Boy, they look really depressed. Must be cuz there's even less participants now." Monotaro commented.

"Don't say they look depressed! You'll make Monodam sad!" Monophanie scolded.

Monodam stayed quiet.

"Puhuhu... As mush as I'd love to keep hearing this adorable back-and-forth..." Monokuma trailed off. "Let's hurry up and get this started! At last, the class trial will begin! I hope you enjoy it to your heart's content!"

We got on our podiums while Monokuma gave a basic explanation of how the class trial works, even though this is our third time doing it.

"Sorry everyone, but I don't think I'm gonna be much help this time." Kaito apologized. "Because of Monokuma's... disruptions, I couldn't do a thorough investigation."

"You were never any help to begin with! Don't feel so bad about it!" I insulted.

"I can tell Monokuma is overcompensating to hide his self-consiousness." Kokichi added.

"Next time, spend less time fixing your hair and more time investigating, spaceman!" Monokuma scolded.

"Shut up! I don't need to hear some comedy act from you three weirdos." Kaito said.

"Who did it?" Himiko asked. "Who killed Angie and Tenko?"

"Do not let your emotions hasten your judgement. There may be two killers." Kiyo reminded.

"So... our other culprit... might nooot be one of us heeere..." Tsumugi shuttered.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Gonta asked.

"The traaansfer stuuudent..." Tsumugi replied. "Maybe our resurrected transfer student... dragged Angie and Tenko into the grave..."

"S-Stop it! Stop making stuff up!" Kaito yelled, shaking like a leaf.

"Say something, Shuichi. It'll be a mess if this keeps going on." Maki said.

Tsumugi's podium turned red and went to the center of the other podiums. "The crime was committed by the recently deceased." She stated. "They came back to life and killed two of our classmates!"

"NOOOOO!!!" Kaito yelled, covering his ears to block out all the ghosty stuff.

"Stop yelling. You're giving me a headache." I said, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"So ritual did work!?" Gonta asked.

"No, that's wrong!" Shuichi yelled. "I don't think Angie's ritual succeeded. According to the Necronomicon Monokuma showed us... You have to burn the Necronomicon in the ritual. If Angie's ritual succeeded, the book would have been gone."

"So she must have been killed before the ritual was complete, since the book was still intact." Kiibo rephrased.

"Then... Gonta think Rantaro probably not culprit." Gonta spoke his mind.