Prologue - Bad Boys World

Content warnings: Death, killing, beating, mentions of sex and drugs.

Sound of breaking bone echoed through the empty warehouse as James fist made contact with the guys face for the hundredth time. He had his sleeves rolled up exposing his veiny forearms covered in tattoos.''You think you can steal from me and I won't find out?!'' He shouted in the guys face. His eyes manic with rage.

No one undermines James Barnes.

The skinny man tied to a chair by zip ties was almost limp against his restraints. Thick blood dripping from his mouth into his lap. His eyes were swollen and blue. He tries to mumble something but it's completely incoherent as his jaw is most likely broken. James punches him again so hard that the skin rips open splattering blood everywhere, all over James face and his clothes. Bucky steps back and groans in disgust.

''This was my favourite shirt you fucking asshole'' He says through gritted teeth. He booted the limp man straight in the face with his heel. The limp body tumbling backwards with the chair, making a hollow echo through the warehouse. ''Not gonna steal from me again are you?!'' James grunts again, walking round to kick repeatedly into the guy's stomach. The man was no longer making any noises and his limp body was flailing on the floor with each kick.

''Buck... I think he's pretty dead'' Steve says from the corner of the warehouse looking at his nails in a ridiculously expensive light grey suit, no tie, first three buttons of his shirt unbuttoned. His voice is flat, used to whatever this is.

James' manic eyes shoot towards his best friend and he frowns. ''Shame, I was just getting into it'' He spits on the dead body on the floor and straightens out. His heartbeat was thrashing against his chest, he sighs as he feels the adrenaline pump through his veins. He reaches over to a crate where his suit jacket is and a towel, grabbing it to wipe his blood covered face. The white shirt he's wearing, clinging to the ripples of his sweaty muscles.

It might have been a waste to wear a suit this morning. It's not like he didn't know how it was going to end. Couple days ago he found out that someone had been sneaking cocaine out of his shipments and selling it off.

Let's say that has pissed him off.

Steve almost laughs at Bucks comment and walks over with a packet of cigarettes, handing him one. James reaches into his pocket of the navy suit trousers and pulls out a lighter, lighting both of their cigarettes. They made their way outside the warehouse. It was around 5am in the morning and the sun had barely touched the edges of the horizon. The sky was covered with dark clouds threatening to let heavens open any moment. Autumn in New York was always like that. James finds the cool air comforting against his heated skin, especially after his extraneous exercise of using a human punch bag. He leans against his fully blacked out Lamborghini as he smokes. Two men carrying buckets and cellophane rolled up over their shoulder rush into the warehouse ready to clean up whatever mess he has caused in there.

''Gonna hunt all those scums down..'' He scoffs.

''They gotta be pretty stupid to steal from you in the first place'' Steve says as he pulls his phone out after it pinged.

''As if they never learn'' He turns his attention to the phone in Steves hand.

''Stark said he is getting his last delivery from the current supplier tomorrow. '' Steve reads the email from his phone.

''Im intrigued to know who has been supplying him with all that. In my city under my nose'' James frowns as he stumps out the cigarette in his Gucci shoes.

''I can attempt to do more digging, but Tony is awfully quiet about who is supplying him with guns'' Steve raises an eyebrow.

''But yet he wants me to supply it from now on. Why?'' Bucky runs his fingers through his dark hair. Perfectly shaved at the sides, with longer bits at the top. His beard trimmed to a mere five o'clock shadow, accentuating his sharp jawline and cheeks. He's known about secondary supplier for a while, his mind working overtime wondering who could be running such a big operation under his nose all this time. New York is his city and he will not let a rookie undermine him like that. You don't do dirty work without Bucky knowing. ''Maybe we should pay him a visit and find out?'' Wicked grin spreads on his face.