Chapter Eighteen - Heart Made of Glass

The sound of overpowering music made the floor of the vip booth vibrate with every bass note. James sat with a whiskey glass neatly rested on his suited up knee, his knees were spread out, first three buttons of his suit undone showing off his tattoos, no tie. The suit jacket was abandoned a little while ago, as the club became busier with alcohol induced bodies. Half naked dancers on the poles and money at their feet.

Scarlett sat across from James, with her usual gingery hair pinned and curled in the most perfect magazine cover worthy waves. Her red lipstick adored her thin lips, leaving a mark on her champagne flute. She was in her mid to late forties but not a single wrinkle adored her face.

''I'm glad you came James. I wanted you to see first hand how well the club is doing'' Scarlet smiled and looked out of the VIP booth.

''I never doubted you Scarlett, why do you think I invest so much'' James grinned and took a sip of his drink.

''Well you are one of my biggest investors. Of course along Fallon, but you already know that'' She nodded and smiled proudly. Scarlett was the best in business when it came to clubs and she knew it. Catching the big sharks was also her speciality.

James gulped down at the mention of Fallons name. It has been couple of weeks since everything has gone down. And he truly believed he was going through withdrawal from not seeing her. ''Yes, Fallon is a very clever when it comes to business. A lot of us could learn from her''

''That I do agree. I haven't seen you two pop up on any magazine covers lately'' Scarlett chirped. ''I really thought she would have come with you''

James was about to answer as Scarletts phone started ringing.

''Oh!'' Scarlett exclaimed after looking at her phone. ''Speak of the devil!'' She chuckled and showed the called ID to James. ''You don't mind if I answer do you?''

''Go ahead'' He motioned with his glass and downed the rest of his drink. Staring at the empty glass like it was going to suck him right in.

''Fallon darling, so good to hear from you'' Scarlett chatted down the phone. ''I have James here with me, I really thought you will come down with him''

''Hi Scarlett'' Fallon frowned as she stared at her cigarette. ''Thats great'' The sarcasm was dripping off her voice. Just the mention of his name made Fallon want to clench her thighs. She wasn't really sure that was healthy, that a man who wanted to destroy everything she stood for and yet all she could remember when she thought of him, was his beautiful ocean eyes and mind blowing orgasms he summoned out of her. Fallon shook her head suddenly as if that will make all the thoughts fall out.

''I'm calling with a request. '' Fallon suddenly said, wanting to get straight to the point and get off the conversation about James. The last thing she needed was for the tabloids to be printing about her and James break up.

''Ohh on another business venture already?'' Scarlett chuckled and leant back into the booth and lit a cigarette. ''I'm all ears darling''

James spotted a waitress walking by with a tray and motioned for her. He raised his empty glass and mouthed a please. He really needed another drink after hearing Fallons name. The waitress smiled at him, and blew a little kiss. Her little skimpy outfit doing very little to conceal what was underneath. After all this is a strip club.

''What like buy a whole building and do it up for a brand new club?'' Scarlett pondered after listening to Fallons proposal. ''I think we need to set up a meeting to go over the details''

James perked up at the mention of new business and watched Scarlett puff on her cigarette. Moments later the same waitress came back, she walked into the booth holding a very large whiskey with couple of ice cubes inside. She strutted over swaying her hips in a seductive manner, she placed his drink down on the table in front. James watched her figure move in front of him. She lowered herself onto his lap, her hips grinding against his crotch.