Chapter Sixteen - Echoes of Eternity

A/N : I apologise in advance.

Chapter Warnings: Guns, Drugs, Alcohol.

The night out that Fallon craved so much was more than wild. Currently she was reaping the repercussions of it. The early morning sun was shining through the gaps in the black curtains of James bedroom, making Fallons banging headache double. She groaned and rolled onto her other side to hide from the sun, moving all the loose strands of wild curly hair away from her face. She raked her eyes over the naked body next to her and sucked her lip in between her teeth. James was sleeping out cold, with the blanket low down on his abdomen, showing off his prominent v lines and chiselled abs. The many tattoos with barely any clean skin left, accentuating all the sharp edges of his body further. If this man was not sculpted from marble she wasn't sure if he was even real. She wanted to spend an eternity studying the intricate designs on his body.

Is an eternity enough with someone who makes you feel so alive?

What Fallon called a girls night, turned into a couples night. With many drinking games, and constant dancing on the dance floor to some overly up beat music with Natasha, Steve and James. Fallon shuddered at the thought of how many tequila shots she consumed. Almost regretting it instantly. The regret suddenly shifted to annoyance when her phone started buzzing from the nightstand.

''Ugh..'' She rolled out of bed and picked it up. ''Fallon'' She spoke quietly not to wake James. He stirred and moved his arm behind his back, but the breathing quickly returned to the deep rhythm.

''Morninggg'' Natashas voices chirped and Fallon tried not to grimace at the overly excited Natasha. ''Ive got some info you will want''

''Why the hell are you up, and working at this time?'' Fallon grabbed James discarded shirt on the floor and pulled it on. Pressing her phone in between her shoulder and ear to button it up.

''Best cure for hangover is work'' Natasha laughed at the groggy voice over her phone.

''No best cure is more alcohol you're just a freak'' Fallon left the bedroom, quietly shutting the door behind her and walked down the corridor. ''What info have you got for me?''

''The badge numbers of our beloved police officers''

''Ohh now thats definitely something I want'' Fallon grinned.

''Want me to email them?''

''No. I don't want a trail of this. Lemme just write it down'' Fallon looked around and headed straight for James study. There will be something she can scribble on in there. She pushed the heavy wooden door open and flopped into his oversized office chair, the leather cool against her bare legs. The table was so tidy that there was nothing on there apart from a laptop. Fallon opened a few cabinet drawers on his desk in hopes to locate a pen.

''Ready yet? ''

''Hang on, can't find a pen'' She muttered as she opened another drawer moving some papers around until one file with her name on it caught her eye. She frowned and pulled it out. Fallon flipped the file open, there was a lot of personal detail on her, that didn't bother her - she figured that James would have done checks on her. She flicked to another page and there was circled information about her shipments. Drop of locations, her drivers, suppliers. Notes on her security and their rotation schedules.Container shipment numbers. Her real name, family history. Her Fathers case. ''I'm gonna call you back'' Fallon said as she dropped the phone on the desk and continued reading.

There was so much information on there that if he wanted to take her down he really could. Whether it be the information for the FBI or for him to simply make everything crumble away one by one. Fallon shut the file and frowned again. Tony Starks logo rested in the corner of the brown folder, she ran her finger over the logo, shock and realisation dawning on her.