Chapter Ten - Devil is, as Devil does

Buckle in dear readers, we are diving into the fucked up mind of James Barnes. It's a heavy chapter.

Please comment, love to hear the thoughts you guys have of this so far!

Chapter Warnings; gruesome killing, smoking, mentions of insanity.

James knew that if Fallon liked him it was for him. She didn't need the money, the cars, or the power because she has it all herself. Sure, James is more established, but they are equals. He was never used to having a woman that wasn't with him just for the money, or power, or the lifestyle that he could provide. All women said they accepted his darker side, but the moment they saw that peak through they were always terrified of him. They would go running for the hills the moment they really saw him. Since then, he decided that love was not for him. No woman could love a monster like him. No woman could match his level of crazy.

And then it came Fallon; she watched him beat a man to death, kill and yet she still searched for that darkness within his eyes further, like she wanted more. She had her own darkness that mimicked his, and he was fascinated. Sucked in and obsessed. Maybe they can stay in their little black hole of a bubble with everything burning around them. All their sins intertwined into one. Rule New York together, be the most ruthless couple in the world. She could be his Queen that he always deep down wanted. Even if he would have never admit that.

She can be the Queen that he wanted to worship.

James placed down the file that he had collected on Fallon on the desk in front of him. He's thirty six thousand feet up in the air on his private jet flying to Los Angeles and all he can think about is her. He's trying to expand his cocaine shipment further, and he's arranged for a meeting with some of the gangs in the area.

He stared down at the picture of her that was pinned to the corner of the brown folder. Her life right in front of him. Well some of her life. According to the government Fallon Alarie didn't exist before she was 18 years old. Frankly not possible. Either she had everything wiped, or it was a fake name. Either she was running from something, or she had something to hide. We all hide some parts of our past, but she took it a step further. James had Parker, his IT genius, do some digging on any previous names and he came up empty handed. Parker nave came up empty handed. Whoever, she hired to do the job was a professional, if even Parker couldn't dig anything out. The plan was to dig out anything on her that could take her out. Yes, he could have her killed, but having leverage was something he always wanted on anyone who could stand in his way as a backup.

He ran a finger over the photograph of the dark red head in front of him and his heart swelled. He will have to talk to Steve that the plan is off. He was too far gone. He was addicted to everything about her, her touch, her scent, the way she carried herself. He was mesmerised. She was the best drug he has tasted and he couldn't deal to be without her. He wanted more, to be consumed.

It was almost pathetic.

He plucked a cigarette out of the packet and lit one up. Letting his lungs fill up with smoke and his body getting the much needed nicotine rush. He looked out the window of his private jet, staring at the perfect tumbles of clouds bellow him.

His parents so desperately tried to raise the perfect son. To look perfect, act perfect, be perfectly smart and polite and yet somewhere along the way the wires in his brain have been crossed. Here he is the mafia boss of New York, attempting to expand his drug business across whole of America. He has more blood and death on his hands than he cares to remember and yet he gets to live the luxury life that his parents dreamed for him. A fraud to the public, psychotic killer to the mafia world.