Chapter Twenty Three - Goddess Sent to Hell

Chapter Warnings - Sex, Oral (F Receiving), Rough sex, restrain, Degradation/Praise, Cigarettes, Drugs, Guns , Death/Killing.

They have laughed, fucked and killed in front of one another. A messy twisted life, intertwined with thorns. Thorns that they have created themselves. It takes a lot of sacrifice to get to the top and stay there. A lot of hidden chapters - Lies twisted to fit their idyllic lives. After all these months it was time for the truth. For the ripples of their actions to be smoothed over.

James studied Fallons face instead of concentrating on his work in front of the laptop - they were sitting next to each other on his private jet, on their way to LA. From the moment the plane took off Fallons eyes were distant. Staring at her champagne flute, but not really looking. Her eyes were glassed over, her fingers absentmindedly twirling the base of the flute on the wooden table in front of her.

''What are you thinking about in that pretty head of yours?'' James moved a strand of long curly hair away from her shoulder, and watched as her eyes pulled back to reality.

''I don't like flying'' She took a sip of her champagne.

''Hmm..'' James contemplated, and leant down to press a soft kiss to her tattooed shoulder. She was wearing a simple black silk dress that just begged to be touched. '' I know that's not what you're really thinking about''

Fallon moved her eyes from the flute to James. ''Caroline emailed me''

''Your mother?'' James raised his eyebrows. '' Im surprised after the way things were left at your office''

Fallon sighed and downed the rest of the champagne. ''I think I'm all out of handing out second chances''

The flight to LA on a private jet is just under five hours. Plenty of time to dot the I s and cross the Ts.

James sighed, knowing exactly what she was implying.''I'm not a good man Fallon, and I don't pretend to be one'' James ran a heavy hand through his hair. ''But I'll be the best version of myself I can be to you.''

''Is anyone truly good?'' Fallon trapped her bottom lip in between her teeth. Contemplating your existence at thirty six thousand feet seemed appropriate.

James cupped her chin with his thumb and forefinger to peel the cherry red lip away from the abuse of her teeth. ''No''

He slid his hand over her cheek, down her slim neck, and slowly made his way down her back, feeling each scar for what it is. He loved the way her body tensed just for a moment before relaxing into his touch. Even after everything, she no longer flinched away from his touch at her most vulnerable of places.

Fallon breathed out, her body tingling from his touch. ''I envy those with simple lives''

''I don't.'' James muttered back, as his fingers caressed the soft silk dress on her back. ''Otherwise, I would have never met you'' He licked his bottom lip. ''I'm a no good selfish man who wants you all to myself''

Fallons face twisted into a smirk, all the dark parts of him called to her. Who was she kidding, she could have never lead a simple perfect life.

James continued swirling his fingers over her lower back ''My love for you is not good either. Its dark and dangerous and it made me crazy'' James blue eyes locked onto her stone coloured ones. ''I will kill any man who dares to touch you, or even breathe the same air as you''

The possessiveness in his voice send tingles down her skin. This type of love is all consuming. Its not the soft and tender love that you see on TV or read about in books. This type of love is a wild fire, threatening to take it all. And before Fallon even made her decision she knew that she would let James consume it all.