Chapter Twenty Two - Demons and Clichés

Chapter Warnings: Aggressive male behaviour, sex. 

A/N: Hello my lovelies; sooooo I've re wrote this chapter about 3 times because nothing I did suited the characters,. I cannot stare at it any longer so here you go! Enjoy whatever this is.

A silver gun was pressing against Fallons forehead. The cold sensation of the metal send shivers down her spine.

Bang...

The gun went off, loud crushing sound pierced her ear drums. It wasn't her head that hurt. It was her back. A black belt and a buckle flashed in the black room as it collided with her back. Leaving welts along her skin. The sting so familiar. The sensation made her feel insane, and she wanted to claw at her brain. The belt made contact with her back again.

Smack...

Her head submerged into ice cold water. She screamed. She screamed with everything she had, desperately trying to lift her head out of the cold water that was filling her lungs. With no avail. There was no air left in her lungs, drowning from inside in.

Darkness...

Fallon flinched up in her sleep and her eyes shot open. Her hand reached to her throat and she took a sharp breath in. Just to check if she could still breathe. The sting that she expected to follow never came. Her skin felt clammy with cold sweat from her nightmare. She turned her head to look at the sleeping figure next to her. James was still breathing heavily as he slept on his side facing her. His large hand was on her back and she bit her lip. It's like an instinct for him. They fit like two weirdly jagged up pieces of puzzle. So wrong yet so right.

She slipped out of his grasp and headed into the bathroom turning the shower on. She stared at it until her vision went blurry from all the steam filling the room. Finally, shampooed and conditioned her hair, washing herself down with some vanilla and coconut scented body wash. Her favourite. As if her favourite scent will just wash all the nightmares away. When she finished she wrapped herself in a towel and stepped out, shutting the shower door to trap the mist in. After drying herself off she put on black lacy underwear that she set out the night before and put her black silk gown on.

Grabbing another towel she wiped the mirror down and looked at herself in it. Considering her disrupted sleep, there was no bags under her eyes. She reached to grab her toothpaste and suddenly realised that there was someone in the door way. She gasped stepping back, making her wet hair stick to to the silky fabric.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" His angelic morning voice made Fallon whimper. James was leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed over. That made his pecks bulge out even more.

Oh, how has she missed his morning voice.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she placed her toothbrush down. As if she no longer needed the plastic weapon.

"I wanted to speak to you" His eyes were searching hers.

"And this couldn't have waited till I got out the shower?"

"I like watching your body dripping with water" That cheeky smirk made its way up his features.

Fallon raised her eyebrow at him her expression unamused. James dropped his arms to his sides and stepped towards her. His actions somewhat unsure. He was wearing his jeans from last night, the black band of his boxers peaking past the hem. The perfect chiseled abs on display and those v lines that Fallon just wanted to lick.

But against her thoughts, she took a step back.

"Fallon..." James sighed and frowned. The thought of her being scared of him made him feel sick to the stomach. "I meant every word I said last night"