Chapter Two - Gala

Chapter warning: Mentions of oral.

As per usual Fallon was running late. Fashionably late she liked to call it. Natasha was typing an email in a somewhat aggressive manner while Fallon was topping up her dark red lipstick. It complimented her features perfectly. Grey eyes, sharp cheekbones and plum lips. Her dark red curls fell down her back in subtle bounce as she brushed them off her shoulders. She leant back into the seat, as a fully blacked out SUV was making its way down New York's streets. She didn't like to drive herself to these events - easier to have a driver there if they would like to have a drink, and she did want a drink. Losing the land that she had her eyes on for a while has pissed her off, and no good news has come back from her buyer.

''Who pissed you off? '' Fallon said as she capped her lipstick and placed it in her Gucci purse.

''Hotel drama'' Natasha laughed '' It's like running a primary school'' She sighed '' Bunch of children''

''I'm so glad you look after that side of the business. I would lose my temper over this'' Fallon said as she rubbed her lips together to make sure the lipstick was even.

''My pleasure'' Natasha said with a grin.

The SUV pulled up in front of a beautiful building. Red carpet laid out the front leading to big double doors that were already open, complemented by two guards in full black suits. Their driver walked around and opened the door for the girls. Fallon stepped out first, her killer heels carrying her quite a few inches taller than what she was, the long black dress she was wearing trailed behind her, there was a slit on both sides showing off her tanned legs as she walked. Natasha was wearing a beautiful red corset that complimented her figure, a big belt to pinch her waist even more than it already was, tight black trousers and heels to match Fallons. Natasha followed Fallon inside the building as paparazzi were taking millions of photographs.

Fallon hated this part of her career - which is why she rarely went to these public gatherings. There weren't many articles or photographs of her online. However, as she was becoming more successful she knew that she would have to start showing her face at these events more. Even though she felt like she stood out like a sore thumb. For better or for worse.

As they entered the building it was already in full swing. Lovely music was playing, people chatting away, drinking.

''I will go get us a drink'' Natasha said and winked to her friend. ''You go make yourself seen''

''Oh please'' Fallon said with a grin and turned to walk away.

Fallon started walking around the groups of people and looking around the building with incredibly high ceilings. Everything was decorated to perfection and she smiled to herself, making some mental notes for her hotels. She sidestepped as she looked at a beautiful painting on a pillar not realising there was a slight step down into the next level. Her heel buckled in making her tumble into a person.

''So sorry'' She said out of breath as she held onto the man's arms. The gentleman had a hold of her forearm and another hand on her waist to steady her. Strong hands holding her like she was a feather.

''No problem, I hope you didn't hurt yourself'' The husky-like voice left the man's mouth. His smile is cheeky. Piercing blue eyes bore into her dull grey ones.

''Ugh..'' Fallon grunted in annoyance as she realised it was James Barnes steadying her to the ground. How ridiculous she thought to herself as she steadied to her feet. The top of her head barely above his shoulders making her look up at him. She let go of his arms and simply walked off.

''okay...'' James said to himself as he watched her walk off. His tongue darted out to lick his bottom lip.

''You know who that was right?'' Steve piped up with a snicker.