Chapter 3

"Daddy Mason Gregory Black!" I heard Elle yell in my ear as I scrambled awake in panic. I picked her up off the ground and sat her on my desk examining her for any injuries till she punched me in the arm.

She looked angry, furious even. Her lips were pouted and her eyes were narrowed at me. I'm assuming she's glaring at me and it's the cutest glare I've ever seen.

I must've fallen asleep while working last night...again.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes and woke myself up. "And who told you my middle name young lady?" I asked with a raised eyebrow as she bit back a smile and shrugged her shoulders.

"I can't believe you hid this from me, daddy. You said daddy's never hide anything from their princes and princesses and you hid the biggest secret ever! I can't believe my little innocent brother and I had to find out like this." She said dramatically as she threw herself backwards with her arms spread out like a starfish.

"Emerson's older by six minutes darling, and what exactly is this big horrible secret I've hidden from my prince and princess?" I asked with a raised eyebrow not bothering to hide my amusement.

"You have a motorbike!" She yelled as Emerson came storming into my office holding the keys to the motorbike I bought four years ago.

"I found them!" He grinned victoriously as he attempted to twirl them on his finger just for them to fly off to the other side of the room. "How could you hide this from us?!" He yelled as he crawled under my desk and grabbed the keys before popping his head back out.

"I'm sorry my loves, I can't believe I did such an unforgivable thing." I sighed apologetically as they both crossed their arms and continued glaring at me. "If only there was a way to make it up to you." I said with a knowing look as they both looked at each other.

Jumping off my desk, Elle and Emerson both pushed my chair and rolled it to the other side of the room before walking to the opposite corner. They spoke in hushed whispers, occasionally glancing at me as though I was some kind of criminal and they were deciding my sentence. It's sure felt like it.

"We've come up with a complision." Emerson announced.

"Conclusion, darling. But go on." I corrected as they narrowed their eyes at me and walked over.

They both stood on the armrest of the small couch in my office while I held them both up so they wouldn't fall if they lost their balance.

"You have to take us for a ride." Elle grinned as I let out a loud groan and threw my head back.

I should've known. They are their mothers children and I knew for a fact they've inherited her negation skills, and the stubbornness that gets her exactly what she wants when she wants it.

"It's too dangerous darling." I said apologetically making them both pout and stare at me with their big beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry baby." I said, kissing their forehead and pulling them onto my lap. "Why don't we go to Millie's instead? You want to visit Uncle Ricky?" I suggested.

"Can we go on the motorbike?" Emerson asked, his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"We can't." I said as they huffed before jumping off and running out of the room.

What on earth am I going to do with the pair of them?

"Okay fine!" I called out. Almost instantly two giggling kids came running back into the room. I knew they knew I was going to agree. "But we go slow and we just go down the road." I negotiated as they shrugged their shoulders and high fived each other before kissing my cheek.