Chapter 43

"Everly Rose get your ass out here right now before we drag you out!" Holly yelled from outside the changing rooms as I stared at myself in mirror. The large white ballgown looking far from flattering.

"I hate it." I groaned as I unlocked the door and pushed it open before walking out to where the girls were waiting. My sister in laws, mom, Jenny, Mia, Holly, Danielle, Kelly and Elle were all sitting on the couches eagerly waiting for me.

I shuffled towards the and stood on the platform to elevate me a little so the dress wasn't completely dragging on the floor. I didn't even need to look at their faces to know they didn't like it. It was too poofy and just not...me. Of course I wanted to live the princess dream and have the biggest ballgown and the longest train and the sparkliest dress, but these just weren't working.

"Right, come on girls we're going to pick a dress each. These simply aren't working." Mom said as she stood up from the couch and set down her glass of champagne on the table.

I've tried on sixteen wedding dresses and neither one of them have been even the least bit intriguing. Maybe if there was a dress that I liked I'd be able to alter it and make changes so I'd love it, but nothing. The ladies asked me what my preferences were and what I was looking for, but judging by the sixteen dresses I've tried on and hated, I don't even know if that's what I want anymore. All I want is something elegant and classy and screams princess all in one go.

Half an hour later if me sitting in the changing rooms in my undies, they all returned holding two dresses each. My eyes bugged out of their sockets seeing how many I had to try on but I could feel my heart jump with joy knowing one of these could be the one. These women know me better than anyone on the planet and Elle of course has the best fashion sense I've ever seen in a four year old.

"Let's get going babe, we got two hours and a bunch of dresses." Holly grinned as they all hung up the dresses on the empty rack before leaving me with two of the employees who were helping me change.

Ever since my little proposal on Mason's birthday, we decided it was finally time to do something for ourselves and have a huge happy occasion for our families by finally getting married. It's been prolonged for too long, of course with no fault of our own, but it's just another thing we can look forward to. Despite wanting a winter wedding with the snow, I knew it was impossible to get everything done in two short months and so we decided on the summer, giving us plenty of time to plan. I had a list of wedding planners at my disposal thanks to my sisters and it took barely half an hour to pick the perfect person. We're getting married!

One by one I tried on the dresses and grew more excited by the second. These were exactly what I was looking for, of course with the exception of a few things I didn't like such as the buttons that ran through the entire back of the dress, or some being backless, some having too deep of a neckline, or some just not giving me the feeling of a bride.

It wasn't till I tired on the tenth dress that I really felt like a bride. The second I had slipped it on the ladies helping me change told me to close my eyes as they led me outside. I heard a round of gasps coming from my family followed by a few sniffles. The second I stood up on the platform and was turned to face the mirror wall, I opened my eyes and gasped. Tears sprung to my eyes and my jaw was dropped to the floor. I feel like a princess and that's exactly what I wanted. I wanted to feel like I was wearing the glass slipper, flying on the magic carpet, and most of all releasing a lantern. This is what I wanted.

"It's perfect." I sobbed.

Elle let out a loud squeal as she jumped up and down and ran towards me, throwing her arms around my legs as I bent down to lift her up.

"Mommy I picked this one." She grinned as a wide smile made its way to my face. Attacking her with kisses, I set her down and crouched down in front of her.