Chapter 25

"Good afternoon sir, are the twins home?" A little boy looking around the same age as the twins asked, after I pulled open the door to see him standing there with his hands behind his back.

"What's your name kiddo?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. As far as I know the kids haven't made any new friends in our neighbourhood because Elle would've shouted it from the rooftops. That girl cannot keep anything from me for the life of her.

"My names Axel, Elle said that's something you chop wood with but that's an axe, so now she won't stop calling me a woodchuck even though that's a rodent." He said all in one go, as I bit back a laugh. Axel's cheeks were rosy red when he told me about his little interaction with my daughter, and I couldn't help but think there might be a little underlying crush somewhere.

"It's nice to meet you Axel, the twins were just putting their toys away. You're more than welcome to come inside." I suggested, holding the door open wider for him to come in.

"No thank you, my mom says I shouldn't go into peoples houses before she's met them and stalked them online to make sure they don't kill me." He shrugged. This time I didn't hold back my laugh, a loud chuckle escaped my lips while he shot me a funny look. Holly told the twins the exact same thing.

"Okay, why don't I call the twins out for you then?" I said as he nodded and peeked into the house, trying to catch a glimpse of them.

Leaving the door wide open, I walked into the living room to see both my kids sprawled across the couch, with their toys in the exact same place as they were an hour ago. Their eyes were closed and if it wasn't for Emerson's poorly timed squint to see where I was, I would've genuinely believed they were sleeping.

"Cmon kiddos, your friend Axel is waiting outside." I nudged, poking both their bellies.

Elle was the first to shoot up from the couch, her rosy cheeks only grew rosier as she bolted out of the living room and went running up the stairs. Emerson rolled his eyes and grumbled something under his breath before dragging himself off the couch. I stood frozen in place staring at the open door in confusion, trying to wrap my head around what had just happened. What's going on?

"Elle, come on!" Emerson yelled from the bottom of the stairs before turning around and joining Axel outside.

Soon enough my little girl came slipping down the stairs smiling brighter than ever. Her cheeks looked redder than ever, her eyelids had purple glitter on them, and it looked as though she smushed pink lipstick on her lips.

While Axel was showing Emerson his robot, Emerson and I looked at Elle in panic. The two of us thinking the exact same thing while my innocent little girl came skipping down looking as proud as ever.

"No!" Emerson and I yelled, startling both Elle and Axel as I threw myself in front of the staircase and blocked her view of Axel and his view of Elle.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and pouted lips before trying to look over my shoulder. I instantly spun her around and carried her up the stairs before she had the chance to run past.

"Emmy, Elle and I will be out in a minute. You two can play out front." I yelled, glancing behind me to see Emerson already leading their new friend away from the door.

"What's wrong daddy? I want to play too." She huffed as I closed her room down and sat her down on her bed. She had her play makeup her a had gotten her spread out on her dressing table and I felt as though my heart was going to explode. I'm getting white hairs just looking at it.

The day has come. The day I've been dreading since the gender reveal where I was told I was having a baby girl. The day I've been dreading since the moment I held her in my arms and stared into her bright blue eyes for the very first time. My little girl has a crush and I have no idea what to do. This is where I would have one of the girls talk to her about how boys are illegal and poisonous but I have no time for that.