Chapter 15

"Mason?" Everly whisper yelled in shock as she poked her head out of her room window to see me stood directly below her with a stupid grin on my face.

"Hello, love." I winked.

Her mouth wide open, and her eyes even wider. It wasn't till we heard a loud knocking coming from inside, that she jumped in surprise and snapped out of it. She instantly pulled her head back inside before completely disappearing from her window.

Aiden was stood besides me, speechless.

His eyes were wide and glistening with tears. His fists clenched tightly by his side. His chest heaving up and down trying to keep himself calm.

"S...sorry, it was my dad." She whispered loud enough for us to hear. The nervous look on her face would make me think she's nervous because of the new person stood besides me, well, new to her. But I know better than that.

"Rapunzel, let down your hair." I grinned as she bit back a laugh and opened her window wider. Propping up her elbows on the window sill, she rest her chin in the palm of her hand and rolled her eyes. "We came to save you." I smiled as her grin faltered. She's getting more nervous by the second.

"Who's your friend?" She asked anxiously, glancing behind her for the nth time in the last ten seconds.

"Aiden, I'm Mason's friend." He introduced before I had the chance to say anything.

It didn't take a genius to figure out how it physically hurt him to introduce himself to his very own sister as anything but that. The whole situation alone has taken a toll on all four of them.

Elijah hasn't spent a single second off his phone, phone calls upon phone calls, and texts upon texts, he's not wasting a single second. Austin has been on the phone with the girls and the kids, reassuring them that everything is fine and creating some bullshit story. For now. Ben hasn't left his hotel room. It wasn't till I told them I was going to get her that he came bursting out of the door. My heart hurt when I told him he couldn't come, the look on his face was one I can never forget. And Aiden, Aiden hasn't spoken a single word till now. It's taking a lot to keep his anger in check because the last thing either of us want is for him to completely blow up.

"Mason, I told you I couldn't do dinner tonight." She whispered anxiously as she turned around to check her door once again.

"Cmon Bambi." I pouted.

The look on her face changed in that very moment. Her eyes grew wide, her red lips parted, and her face gradually grew pale. Snapping her eyes shut, she raised her hand to her head and rubbed her temples. Seven seconds passed. Seven long, agonising seconds, and she was fine.

What was that?

Her face was still pale, but the look of pain was gone. Instead, she looked confused...scared even.

"B...Bambi?" She asked in confusion.

"I think she wants to stay at this boring dinner." Aiden whisper yelled, totally dismissing her question at my nickname for her. The same nickname I've used for her since we were in high school.

"I'll be in trouble if I don't stay." She sighed.

"Mason you never told me she was a goodie two shoes." Aiden smirked with a knowing look.

"I am not a goodie two shoes!" She whisper yelled in annoyance before slamming her window closed.

"Great." I sighed as I punched Aiden in the arm. "We came to get her, not chase her away." I glared as he rolled his eyes.

Before we could turn around and leave to figure out another plan, the sound of her window reopening caught our attention. She was wearing a black hoodie and her shorts were replaced with a pair of black leggings.