Chapter 8

"Come on Max!" Emerson cheered as I held him up on my shoulders so he could see properly.

Max had given us three tickets to his game and Emerson has been over the moon for the entire week just thinking about it. After dropping off Elle and Atlas to Ben's, Elle claiming a football game is not her scene, Mia, Emerson and I drove out to see him play.

Emerson's never really been to a football game and ends up watching it on the TV, and so when Max had surprised him with tickets he was screaming the house down. For the entire week not once did he look away from the tickets he had carefully framed in his room.

It was hilarious to say the least but Max enjoyed every single moment of it. He came over for dinner every day he could just so he could hear Emerson completely fanboy over him and the team.

The second the buzzer went indicating the end of the game, everyone in the stands supporting our team jumped up and screamed as loud as they possibly could. The ear defenders Emerson was wearing was barely doing anything as a wide grin made its way to his face as he cheered louder than anyone else.

Running over to us, Max wrapped his arms around Mia and spun her around before turning to Emerson who had his arms out. He picked him up off my shoulders and threw him in the air before catching him.

"Did you enjoy that, little man?" Max grinned as Emerson rambled on and on about how amazing he played and how he wished he could play too.

One of his teammates jogged over and handed Emerson a football. Shooting him a wink, Emerson looked down to see a bunch of autographs on it. He was stunned to say the least. Once he realised what he was given, he pretended to faint before throwing himself as Jay, the guy who had given him the football.

"You're the best!" He yelled as he squeezed his neck as tight as he possibly could.

"No problem, kid. Maybe one day we'll be cheering for you in the stands." He chuckled as Emerson quite literally squealed. The amount of excitement this little boy has had today is ridiculously funny.

"Dad, I'm going to be a football player just like Max and Jay." He said dreamily as he hugged the football.

"Ill meet you guys in the family room, you can say hi to all the guys little man." Max said as Emerson rapidly nodded his head.

Kissing the top of his head, he kissed Mia's temple before turning to me.

"Do you want a kiss too?" He pouted as I shoved his face away and rolled my eyes in amusement.

Laughing, he ran back down the field with Jay besides him till they completely disappeared through the tunnel.

Carrying Emerson in one arm, I put my other around Mia and lead her through the large crowd of people making their way out. Thankfully everyone was headed out to the parking lot with the exception of the small amount of people that are joining us in the family room.

By the time we got there, Emerson had jumped out of my arms and ran inside. He made sure to high five every single player and started talking to them with no care in the world. His inner fanboy is screaming right now.

"Dad, Will said I can come to the next game and even stand with them for the coin toss!" He grinned in excitement as Will shook my hand and winked at Emerson.

"Hmmm I don't know." I teased as his jaw dropped and eyes widened in shock. As though his entire world ended right in front of his eyes. "I'm kidding, little man. We can come to the next game." I chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my legs before kicking me for teasing him.

"Don't worry kid, we'd kidnap you anyway." Will said as Emerson shot me a smug look before standing besides him.

How'd you like the game, kiddo?" Blake asked as he crouched down in front of Emerson while his niece sat on his shoulders.