Chapter 23

"Daddy?" Elle called as she walked into my room with a small frown on her face. "Where are you going looking all pretty?" She asked, sitting herself down on my bed hugging Mrs Bananas.

"You're not ready for your sleepover yet? Atty's going to be here any minute!" I gasped as I crouched down in front of her before pulling her up to her feet.

"Yeah but I'll only take five seconds to get changed." She said rolling her eyes as we made our way to her room. Emerson was lying on her bed like a starfish with his eyes closed and if it weren't for his mischievous smile I would have thought he had fallen asleep.

"What are you grinning at mate?" I asked, tickling his armpits and belly making him squeal with laughter.

"Dad! Stop!" He giggled as I stoped tickling him and picked him up off the bed before throwing him over my shoulder.

Elle was stood in front of her dresser filled with pyjamas contemplating on which one to wear. She has two different pyjamas for every single Disney movie. Her pyjamas alone have taken up two drawers in the large dresser in her room. She's a pyjama lover just like her mother.

"Lion king or Ariel?" She asked, holding up the two option. "Simbs it is." She decided before I had the chance to give my opinion.

"It's not Simbs, it's Simba!" Emerson said, rolling his eyes while she quietly mocked him and rolled her own eyes.

"Yeah well I like Simbs." She glared. "Now, I'd like some privacy." She said, crossing her arms as Emerson and I looked at each other in surprise.

"Privacy?" Emerson asked with a weird look on his face as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yep, Hayls says girls need lots and lots of privacy." She shrugged, pushing us both out of her room door before closing it behind her.

"Well I want privacy too." Emerson yelled as he wiggling out of my hold and went to his own room.

Standing in between both kids rooms, I simply looked back and forth at both the doors in complete shock. What on earth?

"Okay well, when you're both done with privacy I'll be waiting downstairs." I told before slowly turning around and making my way down stairs. Privacy? Since when is privacy a thing in a house with no one but two four year olds and their dad?

Sitting down at the end of the stairs, I stared blankly at the large door in front of me before shaking my head. These kids mess with my head almost every day, I don't even know how I'm still sane.

"Daddy my head is stuck!" Elle yelled from her room as I bit back a laugh and got up before running up the stairs.

She was stood in the doorway of her room with her hands in the air trying to squeeze her head through the armhole. Quickly taking my phone out of my pocket, I made a quick video before helping her out of the shirt.

Once it was on correctly, she gave me a thumbs up before slipped across the hall to her brothers room. She barely knocked twice and the door was thrown open by a grinning Emerson.

"I don't like privacy time." He huffed as he wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up in the air before putting her back down.

"Yeah but it's only sometimes." She shrugged.

Rolling my eyes, I scooped them up off the floor and carried them down the stairs while their continued their conversation on why privacy is important and why it doesn't apply to Emerson because they're best friends. Once I set them down on the couch, I started looking for my keys. It's our first date night since Everly has come back and I intend on making it perfect. Max and Mia offered to bring atlas over for a sleepover because the kids refused to walk the short distance to their house next door. Apparently it was too cold outside for them to even open the door.