Chapter 12

"Get me the blueprints, this doesn't look right." I said as one of the builders nodded and rushed off.

I've been at the building site since seven in the morning and it's currently noon. The guys have been all over the place and I've come so close to ripping my own hair out. They've barely built the foundation and it's almost been a month since we started this project.

"I'm going to be here every single fucking day till you decide to get off your asses and work for what you're getting paid for." I said to the builders that had crowded around me, waiting for me to tell them what to do.

Just as one of the guys came back with the blueprint, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Hey, I was wondering if you wanted
to get lunch together? Unless your busy
then it's totally fine.
- Everly

Sure, I'll pick you up at 12:30?
- Mason

Great! See you then :)
- Everly

A small smile almost instantly made its way to my face when I saw her name pop up on my screen. I had originally planned on asking her out on lunch anyway, but it made me happy knowing she's the one that reached out and asked me.

The stupid grin on my face instantly disappeared when I thought of the long list of problems associated with this. It's been four years, she's been gone for four years, and now that I've found her in London of all places, I need to know why. She doesn't know me, she doesn't know she has kids, a huge family back in New York, friends, her entire life.

"You've done the entire back wrong, I need that fixed by the end of the day and if it's not then I hope you don't expect getting paid." I said as they instantly looked down at the blueprint before running off.

Grabbing my car keys, I spoke to the manager that I had hired myself just this morning before leaving the building site. It's definitely time consuming when people don't know how to do their jobs properly but at the same time I'm not complaining.

There's a chance I'll have to stay for longer but I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. Does it make me a bad father? Leaving both my kids all the way in New York while I'm in England. But at the same time it's their mother, the love of my life. I need to get her back now that I know she's alive I can't let her go.

On the drive to her house, I spotted a black BMW parked in the driveway. I stopped a couple houses down and typed down the number plate of the car in my notes before tapping on Elijah's name.

If I give you a number plate of a car
will you be able to find out who it belongs to?
- Mason

I can. Who are we stalking?
- Elijah

Texting him the number plate, I ignored his question before looking back up at the house. It's 12:30 and she's currently walking out of her house and looking for my car. It wasn't long till she spotted it and headed over to me.

I got out of the car and opened the door for her, she bit back a smile as her cheeks burned bright red. Mumbling a small 'thank you', I closed the door behind her before getting in the drivers side.

"No flowers today?" She joked as closed my door behind me.

"Any specific place in mind?" I asked, grinning at her question as I buckled my seatbelt before turning to face her. No seatbelt.

Rolling my eyes, I leaned over and pulled the seatbelt around her before buckling it. I didn't miss the way she held her breath, or the way her cheeks burned a brighter shade of red. Four years later, no memory of me, and I still affect her the same way.