Chapter 44

Id like to say I've been FBI material since the days I could walk and talk. Alternating between spending time with Elijah at the police department and later the FBI agency, to my own eavesdropping, I've become quite the detective super spy. I remember sitting at the top of the stairs hidden behind the wall, listening to my brothers conversations when I knew it was something important or about me. They'd always end up telling me when they decided it was my time to know, but they never knew that I knew beforehand. Id press my ear to the floor in my bedroom to try and listen to their voices and woild memories all the creaks in the floors so I'd miss them when spying.

Right here, right now, I'd like to take a moment to thank my many years of experience because I may have just caught my daughters first ever romantic moment from a boy. Standing in the middle of our garden, decorated with pumpkins, cobwebs, ridiculously huge spiders and ghosts, and my personal favourite, the witches cauldron, my daughter stood with Axel. All bundled up in her pink puffy coat, wrapped up in a matching pink hat and scarf, with the sparkliest pink boots, her face was blushing bright red, not not from the cold, as Axel held out the flower to her. It was a singular pink rose, that was no doubt fake, but the gesture as a whole was so heart warming.

I made a little video of my little girl accepting Axel's rose before jumping up and down with excitement, no doubt gushing over how pretty the flower is. Quickly sending the video to Danielle to show her that our ship was sailing, I continued peeking through the curtains and watched the two of them.

"What is going on here?" I heard Mason ask from right above my head where he was looking through the curtains, making me jump in shock.

"Isn't it so cute?" I grinned, awing at the two little love birds.

"Why's that boy giving my Ellie bear a flower?" He glared, stepping back and moving towards the door.

Shooting up from the couch, I leaped onto him and tackled him onto the sofa. He went down surprisingly easily but that may be because I caught him by surprise. Sitting on top of him, he blinked at me in surprise before letting out a loud chuckle.

"Did you serious just tackle me?" He chuckled, still somewhat shocked.

"Yeah I'm not sure why you're so surprised." I said, raising my eyebrow at him as he rolled his eyes and moved to get up. I let out a squeal as he stood up with ease while I was still wrapped around him like a koala.

"Did you seriously think that would do something?" He asked in amusement as my glare intensified.

"You are not ruining my little girls romantic moment." I said sternly as he raised an eyebrow and continued moving towards the door.

Unwrapping my arms from his neck, I moved to fall backwards and he instantly wrapped his arms around my waist and kept me up. I bit back a laugh as he rolled his eyes and walked over to the couch before letting go of me. Falling back onto the couch, I dramatically rolled off and played dead.

"This is the part where you come rushing to me thinking I died." I whisper yelled before snapping my eyes shut once again.

"Always the dramatic one." He chuckled as I felt him take my arms and pull me up off the floor.

Before he had the chance to turn around and go back to the door leading to the backyard, I shoved him to the side and ran towards the door, twisting the lock and pulled the key out of the door. I shoved the key in my bra before putting my hands on my hips. Mission accomplished.

"You think I won't come and get it?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, a devilish look in his eyes.

Mission not accomplished.