epilogue

YOUR POV:

y/sn = your sons name

y/fsn = your first son's name

y/dn = your daughter's name

a/n: i'm sorry if that's a little confusing. i wasn't sure how else to do it. i wanted to give you the option to pick out your own names.

5 YEARS LATER

It was crazy. Life. Life was crazy. It was beautiful. There were so many amazing things in the adventure we got to live. Chloe made the decision to go to veterinary school and got accepted, starting classes just as the second leg of my tour was ending. Chloe busted her ass through her classes, going in person for as long as she could while she was pregnant before she did some online stuff. My tour wrapped up and once the high and partying was over, I released a song called "More Than Life" with this artist Travis knew, glaive. Upon the release I told Kylar that I was taking a little hiatus but I would still keep in touch. He offered me a smile and told me to remember to be patient.

Chloe's water broke in the middle of the night and we rushed to the hospital, making sure we had our hospital bags first. When we made it we were taken in right away and Chloe was wheeled back, yelling out an "I love you!" Everything went smoothly during birth and I couldn't feel more relieved. Chloe and both babies were healthy. And yes, I said two. As in twins. Carina never even saw it on the screen, or so she says. But something in her hazel eyes says otherwise. We named the first born (by five minutes) y/fsn and his brother y/sn. They were perfect.

I had it all. Finally, I had the girl I was in love with, the career I always dreamed of and the family... It was unexpected and a little bit dysfunctional but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Of course, as they say, with beauty there was also chaos. Now I wouldn't call it chaos, more so sadness. Life really wasn't so beautiful in these moments, unless you were sadistic.

A year after the twins were born, my father passed away from a tumor in his brain. Beca and I didn't really know what to feel. Did we have that connection to feel gut wrenching about his death? Of course we went to the funeral. It was odd to stand there and watch him be lowered into the ground. It was weird to think of people and life continuing on after you die. Still, I knew his passing had affected us and both Beca and I helped each other through it in our own little ways. I had to be there for Beca now more than ever, especially since her and Aubrey divorced just last year. They just.. Fell out of love I guess. It was sad watching the flame die out.

Everyday was like living a different hand life had dealt you the moment you opened your eyes. There were gonna be good days and there were gonna be bad days. I wished there were more of these moments, the type that just filled you to the brim with serotonin.

Both the boys leaned forward and blew out their birthday candles on their half Spider-Man, half Venom cake. Maybe the younger one was the evil twin. Everybody cheered, clapping their hands as camera flashes went off. Y/dn started giggling and babbling on and I grinned at her, putting a little piece of the cake on the tray of her highchair. Her little toddler hands smashed into the cake ferociously. I imagined she thought her fist was Godzilla or something. I giggled as she grabbed a handful and shoved it in her mouth.

"So, what did you wish for?" I asked with a playful smirk.

Y/fsn giggled, shaking his head, "If I told you then my wish wouldn't come true!"

"He's got you there baby." Chloe giggled, grinning when she saw her baby girl with cake and frosting smeared all over her chubby cheeks, "Somebodies messy!"

The little toddler giggled, making "ahhh" sounds as she tried to navigate more food into her mouth. I watched Chloe watch her, the little happy glint in her eyes. It never went away and I knew it never would.