Chapter 27: Can I hug you?

"Where are you heading to?" Gen asked from the kitchen after seeing [ ] walking out from her room being all dressed up.

"You're dressing up too. What is the occasion?" He pointed out

"Taehoon asked me on a date" She smiled, making the male choke on the water he was drinking.

"He did?!"

"Bye now!" She closed the door behind her.

Taehoon stood in front of the entrance of the tall building. He turned around as soon as he heard footsteps running towards him.

"Taehoon!" She called, skipping towards him "Sorry for being late"

"It's alright" He patted her head

"You..." He trailed off, looking at her.

"Me?" She tilted her head

"You look pretty" He mumbled, turning his head away from her hiding the blush

"Thank you, you look really handsome today too." She compliment him, then wrapped her arms around his.

"Where are we going today?"

Right, where should they go today? Taehoon hasn't planned anything yet, he has never been on a date before. He scratched his neck nervously trying to figure out where to take her.

Of course, [ ] would notice right away. She is a bit surprised that he hasn't gone on a date with someone for three years now.

"Let's go!" She giggled, dragging him away with her.

"The arcade?" Taehoon muttered. "Why?"

"Why not? Come on!" She beamed, dragging him inside.

"You're losing behind, Taehoon" [ ] laughed but still focused on the big screen in front of her. Shooting any zombie appeared on the screen.

"Pfft, no way. I'm way too far ahead for you to catch up now" Taehoon scoffed, his points suddenly went up nearly at her level.

"I wouldn't say that if I were you" [ ] said, her eyes crinkled into an evil crescent and glittered with anticipation "You might just jinx yourself" She masterfully pulled at the plastic trigger.

Seconds later the game ended, announcing in bright, bold letters that [ ] had won the game

Taehoon stared at the screen in disbelief. She was only two points ahead of him. Glancing over to her to see she was holding up her hand, waiting for him.

The male huffed out a smirk, slapping his hand at her a high-five

"Good game," He said.

Then at the corner of her eyes she saw some fighting game machines. An idea shot through her head. [ ] held Taehoon's hand and dragged him over there.

"Taehoon, do you have 500 won?" She cheekily asked, taking Taehoon by surprise. Realizing she was just joking. The male pinched her face

"Dumbass" he scoffed, sitting down next to her.

Taehoon inserts 500 won in each machine and the two of them begin to play with each other.

The atmosphere was quiet, but it wasn't an awkward silence, it's a comfortable one. The two sat quietly next to one another, enjoying the other's company.

The round ended with a big, bold 'You lose' on [ ]'s screen.

"You suck" He laughed, earning a gentle hit from the female.

"Say the one lose the shooting game"

She took a glance at her watch to see it was already in the afternoon. How long have they been playing?