.⚘011⚘.

Takashi's eyes widened. "What?"

Y/n nodded solemnly. She took her hands off his shoulders and crossed her arms over her chest, trying to hide her shivering. "I heard them talking just now. Kiyomasa's mad at Draken cause he kicked his ass, remember?"

Takashi remembered. And it made his blood boil. The asshole had tried to hurt the girl he loved and now he was going to kill his best friend. Takashi was going to kill him first. But something didn't add up. 

"I thought Peyan was the one behind this plan. He's pissed because Draken thinks that Pah should've been arrested."

Y/n thought for a second. "It's probably both of them. Either way, Draken's in danger."

Takashi nodded and grabbed her hand. "Come on, we gotta find them."

"Wait, go to the shrine first. Takemichi's there." 

Takashi nodded but stopped short. "Shit, I'm sorry."

Y/n bumped into his back. "Why?" She looked up as he turned his head to face her. 

"What about you? You don't have any shoes and you're shivering."

"I'm fine. It's not important." 

"It is to me. Come on, get on my back. I don't want you to hurt your feet." Takashi kneeled in front of her.

"I-I can't. I don't want to slow you down. You should just go without me." Takashi sighed and turned back towards her. 

He placed one hand on her back and used his other arm to scoop up her legs. He grunted quietly as he readjusted his hands comfortably. One was gripping her shoulder and the other softly held her thigh. 

"Are you ok?" he asked sincerely, feeling his face heat a bit. 

Y/n just stared at him. "Y-yeah." He was carrying her like she was his bride.

Takashi started walking, being careful not to let her feet hit any trees bordering the path. 

The rain was relentless and cold. Y/n usually loved rain, but the wind was chilly and it wasn't warm summer rain anymore. 

Y/n stole quick looks at Takashi. He stared ahead, not acknowledging her. She fingered the fabric of her Yukuta, shivering. Honestly Y/n couldn't stand being so close to him. It didn't make her uncomfortable but it did embarrass her. Y/n felt like she had been annoying him ever since he had saved her. 

"Jesus christ." Takashi stared down at her. "You need to get better at talking about yourself."

"Wh-what?" 

"Just say you're cold." Takashi hugged her closer and rubbed her shoulder. "You don't have to just... stare at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like- like you want something from me. You can just ask." 

Y/n didn't respond. Had she been staring too long? After another few moments filled only  by rain, Y/n cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry for staring."

Takashi looked back down at her. He chuckled and Y/n felt the vibrations in his chest. "You don't have to apologize for staring. Sorry if I -uh- caught you off guard." he shrugged, lifting her gently. "I couldn't have left you just standing in the rain. What kinda guy would that make me?"

"The reasonable kind." Y/n smiled, her lips trembling. 

"Yeah, right." He looked ahead, tapping out a rhythm on her thigh with his fingers. They left the forest, fully exposed to the weather. Takashi squinted, looking around at their surroundings. To his disappointment, he saw his bike leaned up against a light post.