.⚘023⚘.

After waking, Takashi got up to make Y/n breakfast. When he came back, Y/n was sitting up in bed. He handed her a plate of eggs and toast.

Y/n accepted it with a smile but put it down next to her, leaving it untouched. "Takashi, I don't know if this is too much to ask, but..." She looked down at her clasped hands in her lap. "Can i stay at your house tonight?"

Takashi's eyes widened but he nodded. "Of course. What about your sisters though?"

Y/n paused, thinking. "I'll leave them what they need for tonight. i just can't be in this house."

...:::**•°✾°•**:::...

Y/n layed on her side, staring out of Takashi's window. She had been at his house for four days now. Y/n dreaded going back home, she didn't want to see Nina. The only thing that had plagued her at first was the wellfare of her sisters. So every day, Y/n went to the apartment and left takeout outside the door for her sisters. She left notes on the bags for them, telling them she was ok and that she would figure something out for them. 

So she had called Baji's grandmother. 

Y/n had never met the woman because Nina didn't associate with her anymore. She had never learned about their past or why their relationship ended, but she did know that Nina's mother loved her grandchildren dearly. 

Y/n had gotten the number by looking through Keisuke's phone a few days after he passed. She wanted his grandmother to know about the funeral. It was painful to touch something he had carried in his pocket and used so often, but she wanted to tell his grandmother about his passing. The conversation went as following:

"Hello, are you Mrs. Aguri Baji?"

"Speaking."

"I'm Nina's adopted daughter, but we haven't met."

"Ah. How is my daughter? And how about my grandson?"

Y/n felt the sadness that was about crash down on her. The poor woman didn't know. 

Y/n sighed. "Mrs. Baji... I'm- I'm so sorry-" Y/n sniffled but kept her composure. "Keisuke passed away."

The line went quiet. 

"...what?"

"I'm calling to tell you about the funeral date. It's next week, Tuesday. I can send you the venue address." Y/n kept her voice monotonous, trying desperately to keep her emotions in.

Mrs. Baji didn't say anything for a little bit. "Ok. please do that." 

"B-before you hang up, I have one thing to ask of you." Y/n played with her sweater sleeve anxiously.

"Yes, dear, what is it?" The old woman's voice was strained, like she was holding back tears.

"Nina has relapsed, and she can't take care of Haichi, Tsumugi and Sora. Do you think you could take care of them for a while? I-i can't take care of them all by myself."

"Of course I can." another pause. "But what about you?"

"I'm fine, I can stay with my friend. This is only- only temporary. Nina will be back on her feet soon."

"Well, if you change your mind, please call me. I'll see you tuesday." And she hung up.

Y/n didn't go to the funeral. She had been ignoring Mrs. Baji's calls. But the sisters were being well taken care of. They had left a few days after she had. 

Now Y/n had no reason to leave Takashi's home. 

Y/n stared at the flickering streetlamp outside. The shadows being cast on the sidewalk were long and sinister. Y/n switched her gaze to the strings coming undone on her shirt sleeve.