.⚘019⚘.

Y/n hadn't left her room in a week and a half. She spent all her time curled in a fetal position under all the blankets she could find. 

She had started using her bedroom window as an escape. She watched the people on the street below, imagining she had their lives. 

Everything she saw had turned purple. She didn't know how to explain it, but everything she saw was in different shades of purple. It was maddening. 

Y/n didn't want to go out into the kitchen and not see him there, in a messy bun, burning the eggs he would try to make for the crazies. 

Everyday Hachi would leave some meal outside her room every few hours. For the first couple of days, she knocked and tried to get her to come out. 

Now she knew not to try. 

Y/n's memories of the days following the fight were hazy and didn't make sense. Her sisters had cried for days, but they were coping better than her or her mom. After all, they hadn't seen the life leave him like Y/n had. 

Now that Y/n was hiding in her room, she was sure Nina was hiding in her bottles and late night clubs. 

Y/n knew that she should be taking care of her sisters, but they reminded her too much of him. She saw him in their faces. 

A few times Chifuyu had tried to talk to her, knocking on her door and whispering through the crack between the door in the wall. 

Takashi had only come once. 

"Y/n?" His voice was muffled by the door seperating them. 

She didn't respond. 

"I'm worried about you."

She didn't respond. 

"You need to come out, everyone's scared," Takashi's voice cracked.

Y/n still said nothing. 

"I'm only a phone call away, I'll be waiting to hear from you."

She heard him shuffling down the hall, away from her room. Y/n stood feebly and hovered by the door, debating on whether or not she should follow him. 

She stayed there for a few minutes, until she heard the door slam. He was gone.

Now, a few days later, Y/n wished she had followed him. 

...:::**•°✾°•**:::...

The next night, Y/n heard a knock on her door. She didn't stir, only listened for a second knock. 

"Y/n," A voice said. Chifuyu. 

She looked over at the door, pulling back the blankets. 

"I need to talk to someone. You're the only one who will understand."

Y/n stood and wordlessly shuffled over to the door, unlocking it but leaving it closed. 

CHifuyu heard the door unlock and tentatively opened it. Y/n was already crawling back into bed when he closed the door behind him. 

Chifuyu cleared his throat. "I'm not going to ask you if you're ok or if you need help, because I know the answer to both those questions."

Y/n nodded, pulling her blankets tight around her, cocooning herself. 

"I found some stuff out, and I haven't stopped thinking about it."

Y/n nodded again. 

"Well, Takemitchi, right? You know him?" Chifuyu asked. 

Y/n coughed and said, "Yes." She hadn't used her voice in days, and it sounded deep and croaky. 

"He told me something. The reason he's even involved in Toman is because," Chifuyu inhaled deeply with his eyes closed before making eye contact with Y/n.

"He can time travel."

Y/n looked at him with wide eyes. "No. Don't say that. It's not possible, Fuyu," her voice was strained. 

"It is, Y/n. Look at the facts. He's known about every conflict leading up to right now. He told- he told," Chifuyu swallowed. "Him not to die the day before it happened."

Y/n closed her eyes tightly and shook her head. 

"If it's true, doesn't that mean he could go back and-and save Kei? Stop Pah from getting locked up?" Y/n tried to disguise the desperation in her voice, but this was the first time she had felt anything but despair in days. She felt light, hopeful. 

Chifuyu looked at his hands clasped in his lap. "I already asked him. He said it's not possible."

The little bit of hope fluttering in her chest plummeted into her gut, and she once again felt empty. 

"Why?" 

"Well, he's from the future, and he can't travel back any further than our present."

Y/n nodded, but she felt so numb. "Why did you come here, Chifuyu? Just to give me false hope?"

He looked up, a little hurt by her cold tone. "I needed to talk to someone who knew him. Who knew who he was."

Y/n swallowed loudly, trying to hold back tears. "I knew him. He didn't want this."

Chifuyu looked down, his hair hiding his expression. 

"I did too."

That night, Y/n fell asleep with Chifuyu sitting up against her bed. They held hands, trying to steady themselves through their waves of grief. 

...:::**•°✾°•**:::...

(767 words)