.⚘025⚘.

The night that Emma came to the Mitsuya residence, she filled Y/n in on everything that's happened since Keisuke's passing. 

"Hanma showed up at a meeting. It was crazy, Chifuyu and Mikey were up there with him. He told everyone that Valhalla never even had a leader, and now they're like, part of Toman. Kisaki showed up too, it was fucking crazy. I don't trust it for a second, they're so shady. I don't know why Mikey is affiliating with them." Emma took a deep breath, pausing. "Oh my god, and guess what." She stared at Y/n, wide-eyed and grinning.

"Go ahead, I'm listening," Y/n had said. 

"Takemichi is the new captain of the first division!! When he got appointed, he was crying." Emma rolled her eyes. "Obviously. And I'm pretty sure he ripped his uniform when he bowed. It was funny, I wish you had seen it." 

Y/n had smiled, happy for her friend. Takemichi deserved it. 

Y/n felt her spirits had lifted. Emma's visit had helped her mood. Y/n had started helping Ai around the house. Luna and Mana were happy to be around Y/n and they insisted she walked them to school everyday. 

Takashi seemed a lot happier too, and Y/n felt guilty for not realizing how much her sedentary depression had affected him. 

Now, three days after Emma's impromptu visit, Y/n was washing the dishes after the girls had eaten breakfast. Takashi was hurriedly running around the house, gathering his things for school. Y/n had already walked Luna and Mana to school, and Ai had left for work. They were the only ones in the house. 

Takashi ran into the kitchen and grabbed the lunch Y/n made for him off the counter. Y/n turned her head to look at him.

"I made that curry that you make me when I'm sad, but it probably won't be as good as when you make it," She smiled at him.

Takashi looked at her, his eyes wide. "You did? That's... that's really sweet of you. Thank you."

Y/n nodded and turned back around, busying herself with the dishes. She suddenly felt arms being wrapped around her waist, and she flinched at the sudden contact. She froze, unsure of what to do. Y/n's face was hot with embarrassment. She relaxed into Takashi's arms. 

Takashi buried his head in her neck and sighed. "Y/n.. I was worried. I'm.. happy you're ok." He squeezed her hip before backing away and swiftly leaving the apartment.

Y/n felt cold air kiss her bare arms in his absence and she got goosebumps. What was that? She turned around slowly, leaning against the counter. They had hugged and slept in the same bed, but that was much more intimate than anything they had done before. 

Y/n rubbed her forehead, confused and flustered. "What the fuck..."

...:::**•°✾°•**:::...

After doing the laundry, Y/n packed a small day bag and left the apartment to go by her school. She had missed almost four weeks, and she knew that she couldn't miss anymore or she would fail all her classes. 

Y/n put in her headphones and tuned out all outside noises. They stressed her out. 

After about a 15 minute walk, Y/n was standing in front of the school. She felt suddenly nervous, worried about seeing her teachers and classmates. 

She sighed and walked in, making a bee line for the main office. 

The office administrator sat behind the desk, clicking away on her computer. She looked exhausted, and Y/n felt a ping off sympathy for her. Working at a school would be literal hell. The name plate on her desk said, "Mrs. Smith." She was from America. 

"Hi, I'm Y/n L/n. I've been out of class for a while now and I wanted to clarify why-"

"Grade?" Her japanese was not very good, and she butchered the word. 

"uh, 9th."

"Do you have an absence form?"

"Well, no, but-"

"You need one to be able to get all those absences excused."

"But, Ma'am-"

"Listen." Mrs. Smith looked up from her computer, sighing. "You need a form, or you'll fail these classes and you'll need to repeat this year."

Y/n's face fell, unsure of what to say. "Ma'am, there's been a death in my family very recently, and I've had to take care of the aftermath. How do I get a form to excuse that?"

Mrs. Smith looked at her blankly. "Do you have someone who can vouch for that? The death in your family, I mean."

"Are you serious?" Y/n looked at her in disbelief.

"Yes."

"I-I mean sure, I can call my Grandma."

"That works."

Y/n sat down on one of the chairs in the office and dialed Mrs. Baji's number. The line rang a few times before she picked up. 

"Y/n?"

"Uh, yeah. Hi, Mrs. Baji." Y/n felt awkward. 

"Are you ok? You haven't returned any of my calls." There were sounds in the background of the call.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm really sorry i haven't called you, I've been isolating myself a little bit. What's that in the background? Are you watching TV or something?"

"No, it's Sora and Tsumugi. They're playing some game." Y/n smiled at the mention of her sisters. "Are you going to come visit us soon? They really miss you."

"I'll try. But let me tell you why I called you. I need to get these absences excused for my school. Can you vouch for me? They need someone to confirm there's been a death in my family."

The line goes silent. Y/n guessed that Mrs. Baji hadn't been expecting that. "Yeah, I can do that Y/n. Put me on speaker."

Y/n stood up and held up her phone for Mrs. Smith to hear. 

"My grandson passed away four weeks ago, and my granddaughter had been taking time off to grieve. Do you need to see the grave too, or is this enough for you?" Mrs. Baji's voice was strained. "Maybe you'd like to see the body?" 

Mrs. Smith looked slightly horrified. "No ma'am. I'm very sorry for your loss. I'll excuse the absences." She turned to Y/n and said, "We expect you back on Monday." 

Y/n took her grandmother off speaker and bowed. "Thank you, I'll be here."

She left the office quickly, feeling victorious but a little morose. Any mention of Keisuke made her feel heavy with grief. 

Y/n lifted her phone to her ear as she left the building. "Thank you, Mrs. Baji."

"You can call me your grandma, if you like."

Y/n smiled. "Thank you, Grandma."

The line beeped. Mrs. Baji had hung up. Y/n tucked her phone in her pocket and walked home, feeling her heart warm a little. 

...:::**•°✾°•**:::...

it's been a while

i'm back now

also, i said that at 5k reads i would do a face reveal and all of the sudden we're at 16k 😭

if you guys want that, i can do a face reveal next chapter!! let me know

(1089 words)