chapter 2 | darryl

Darryl POV
My lab partner Sheila won't shut up about her break up. "I don't know Darryl.. it's just I really miss him!!" The blonde whines,  I was so close to wrapping duct tape around her mouth right there and then, but I didn't have any so I guess she gets a pass.

"Let's just finish this up." I change the subject. Sheila slams her hands against our table "It's like you hardly care Darryl! Why couldn't I have a girl partner to girl talk with?!" "You finally got the hint." I mumble under my breath.

She rolls her eyes "Ugh whatever. I'm becoming a group of three with Daniel and Veronica." "Toodles girly" I say in a high pitched voice, mocking her. "Such an asshole." She shakes her head, walking towards Daniel and Veronica's lab table. Sometimes I wish I could just yank that ugly high blonde ponytail of hers.

The bell then rings. Everyone starts to pack up and leave, until Mrs Michelle stops us. "That bell is for the teachers, not for you." Everyone groans "Can you just let us go?!" A student speaks up. Everyone makes a signal of agreement. "Clean up your desks, then you can go home." Mrs Michelle states.

The class starts to move slowly and clean their area, slouching while they walked. It's getting boring every single minute without my best friends Vincent and Harvey or my boyfriend Kyle in any of my periods this year.

Once my table looked clear and my teacher looked satisfied I walked out of the classroom and then to my lockers. Harvey and Vincent should be waiting for me there. "Hey!" I waved to them, they were standing right in front of my locker. "We're gonna be late for our bus.. hurry!!" Vincent exclaims in his heavy fresh accent, dragging me by the hand, Harvey tagging along.

I watched peoples eyes look at me while I was getting dragged across the hallway. Once we finally made it to our bus stop Harvey was huffing and puffing "Vincent, you walk to fast." The French man giggles. "Thank you Harvey." He smirks jokingly.

"Can you guys just shut up?! The bus is right there." I groan, tired of hearing their nagging voices. "Na na na." Harvey mocks me in a high pitched voice.

Shortly the bus arrives, all three of us step inside of the big yellow vehicle. We sit at the back and I place my red backpack on my lap. Vincent grabs his phone and turns it on, just for me to see a huge smile on his face "Inside Sweater is touring in our city next month!!" I raise an eyebrow, "Inside Sweater?"

Vincent turns his head to our other friend. "Harvey, Darryl doesn't know what Inside Sweater is."

They both burst into a laughing fit. "Wha- you guys can't blame me for not knowing who they are!!" I pout. "It's this rock band." Harvey answers. "I only listen to metal music Harvey." I roll my eyes. "That's because your depressed." Vincent chuckles. I pout joking. "I'm sorry Darry! I'm just joking." Vincent pleads. "I know Vincent and it doesn't bother me at all - it's just I wanna know more about these Inside Sweater people." I fidget with my fingers.

"Well all you need to know is that the drummer is hot." Vincent speaks. "I thought you were straight?" Harvey asks. "I am! What? Are you homophobic or something?!" Vincent replies. "I'm literally bisexual plus, I wouldn't have been friends with Darryl. He's as gay as they come." Harvey giggles.

"Hey!" I frown teasingly. "It's true." Vincent murmurs. "Whatever, this is my stop. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I wave. "Byee!!" They both waved back in sync.

I grab my bag and hitch it onto my shoulder. I step my way out of bus and continue to walk another 15 minutes to my house.

~~~

I grab the keys out of the pocket of my cardigan that my grandma knitted me. It's a beige colour and has white cats on it, with red and blue flowers at the back. I unlock the door and twist the door knob. "I'm home grandma!" I call out. I hear footsteps making my way to me. I look down to see my grandma in front of me "How was school?" My grandma asks. She's now squeezing my cheeks like there's no tomorrow. "It was good.." I mumble, "Hows Kyle?" She smirks. "He wasn't at school today.. he isn't answering my calls nor messages too.." I mutter under my breath, I'm starting to grow worried.

"I'm sure he's fine Dare.. do you want some chicken? I just bought it today at the supermarket this morning." She smiles - but it looks fake. Ever since grandpa died last year she tries her best to stay happy, it's hard sometimes. "It's fine Grandma, maybe later. I have some homework to do."

She replies with a nod.

I walk into the guest bedroom, which is now my room. I sit at my desk and start to pull out the text books from my bag. Before I could pull out my maths text book I hear my phone buzzing constantly. I pull it out and put the speaker to my ear. "Hello?" I speak. "Darryl, Liam's hosting a party tomorrow night! We have to go!!" A familiar voice exclaims, it's Harvey. "Harvey.. I don't do parties." I sigh. "Stop being a scaredy-cat and do something fun! Please." Harvey whimpers desperately. "Ugh whatever." I roll my eyes.

"Great!" He responds, ending the call seconds later.

929 words