chapter 34 | who is he?

Third Person POV
Zak yawns as he scrolls through Twitter, he's been hoping to see Darryl again but he hasn't contact him yet, maybe he's still pissed at Zak. "What do I mean by maybe?" Zak groans, "He hates me."

Zak has one hand busy scrolling on his phone, his other picking the dirt under his nails.

Suddenly, he comes across a video on his Twitter feed.

@sxcopops
LMAOOOO, RECORDED THIS FIGHT YESTERDAY

Zak doesn't think much of it, just a normal school fight, right?

When he watches the video he sees a familiar face, Darryl. It's Darryl talking and arguing with a guy he's not sure of, until Darryl finally says his name "Kyle"

A few seconds later Darryl gets hit in the jaw. Resulting in a painful fall on the ground, there's a guy helping Darryl stand up - the same guy Zak saw at rehab. You can barely hear it but the guy mumbles something to Darryl. "Babe, get up."

Babe?

Zak huffs, he then receives a call from Darryl. Zak immediately picks up.

"Hi." Darryl speaks, he sounds off. "Hello." Zak pulls the phone up to his left ear. "Can I, come over?" Darryl asks, Zak is almost stunned with this, "What?"

"Hmph? I said, can I come over." The brunette repeats. The other tries to act oblivious, "How about your boyfriend?" "Who?" Darryl tries to act oblivious too, fiddling with a beaded bracket his grandma made for him. "Don't act fucking stupid." The younger spits out. "Why are you so obsessed with me?" Darryl stops his movements, Zak can hear something move in the background.

Zak pauses, he isn't acting THAT obsessive. "I'm not." Zak responds. Darryl crosses his legs, "Don't play dumb."

He finally snarls back, "What has gotten into you?!" "Just come over."

"I'm actually, right outside your apartment building. I need to tell you something." Darryls tone calms down, it's cold and whispery. "Oh, okay." Zak stands up, he has to go downstairs this time. The call ends and Zak leaves his apartment, taking the elevator to the lobby.

Zak sees Darryl outside, sitting on the bench.

~~~

"So.. what did you wanna talk about?" Zak crosses his legs on the sofa, Darryl sitting on the single armchair in front of him. "Are you aware, what.. other things Max did?"

"No? What did he do? tell me." The ravenette is highly invested about the topic now. "Well," Darryl sucks in a quick breath. "He, uh- Made me do things."

Things?

"What things? Were you apart of it?!" Zak tries to understand what he's saying. "No." Darryl quickly responds. "He forced me to do.. stuff. Oh shit. This sounds really bad, not like that." Darryl chuckles at the end of the sentence. "Then what?" Zak wants to stay on track.

"He made me do drugs! Okay?!" Darryl snaps. Darryl quietens when he realises what words had just fell out of his own mouth.

'Drugs?' Zak mouths, but only saying it in his head. "When?" The younger questions.

"At uhm- Caras place? When I was going to the bathroom, I saw him in one of the rooms. Perhaps searching for stuff to use as blackmail." Darryl speaks, "God it feels so good to get that off my chest."

"Why didn't I realise sooner?" Zak mutters under his breath. "It's fine. You know- Can we just pretend this never happened?" The brunette tucks his strand of hair behind his ear.

"No. We have more to talk about." The other clasps his hands together placed on his lap, "What was that video - Hm? The one of you fighting with Kyle?"

"You saw it didn't you?" Darryl fiddles with his fingers. "Mhm, I want an explanation." Zak runs his fingers through his hair. Suddenly Darryl starts to stand up and check his pockets, "I'm leaving."

"Trying to avoid the question Hm?" Zak responds.

"CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP?" The brunette yells, his fingers clenching in his hair. Zak's eyes widen. "I just came out of rehab, I got beaten up and into a fight, I'm leaked on Twitter known as your boyfriend and I'm on the verge to just drink until I pass out forever." The olders tone starts to get more aggressive and louder towards the end.

"Oh" The other mumbles, "I didn't know, You can go."

"Sorry." Darryl mouths, but Zak doesn't take notice.

'Please don't.' Zak says in his head, 'God please don't let that happen.'

(help I'm so close to discontinuing)