chapter 30 | forgive me

Third Person POV
Now that Darryl knows who did it, he now needs to explain to Zane. "Boyfriend?" Zane huffs. "Yes.. I'm gay." Darryl says, it feels very different from the first time, coming out to his friend Vincent - before they became a trio with Harvey.

"Wow." Zane mumbles, Darryl couldn't help but look at him. He had dark brown skin, similar to Zak's but a bit darker.. he had curly black hair which was into sort of a mullet, he also has hazel eyes.

"I'm okay with that." The other mumbles, letting a reassuring smile out.

Relief instantly rushes over the brunette. When he came out to Vincent all Vincent would ask is how "How do you know you REALLY like dick?" or "So you don't find woman hot? At all??"

"Thanks." Darryl mutters into his hand, they're back to eating. "So, what was that about?" Zane asks,, "He looks oddly familiar.

Oh shit.

"Really? Wow, what coincidence." Darryl tries laughing it off. As Darryl takes another sip of his water he feels guilty for lying, so he just lets out the truth. "He's this- famous person that plays in a band."

"Oh! I don't think I know him from that.. what's the band?" Zane eats the remaining bread crumbs on his plate.

"Inside Sweater, they're a rock band."

"Oh, I think my cousin is obsessed with them, I recognise that name. She has a poster and a fanpage." Zane chuckles, stirring his orange juice with the straw,

"Is there other bands you like? Other than Iron Maiden and Slipknot?" The emerald eyed boy strikes up a conversation. "No, not really. If music to help you go to sleep counts then yeah." Zane responds. The table goes quiet again

"So you- swore?"

"I only do when I'm genuinely frustrated." Darryl drops the crust into his plate, "Do you want my crust? It's to bland for me." "How do you not like crust? Like it's the best bit!" Zane immediately grabs Darryls plate and stuffs the crust into his mouth.

As Darryl was just about to crack a joke he feels something in his jackets pocket, something small and folded, like a handwritten note.

"I feel some thing in my pocket." He rummages. He finds it and opens it up.

Hey. I really don't know how I'm gonna give this to you because I have 3 plans. 1, Give it to you like normally. 2, Slip it into your pocket or your hand. 3, never give it. Okay, I'm kinda stalling atm lol. I just wanna apologise and maybe we could get back together when your finished with rehab? I really really like yo and I'm sorry I fought back like that.
- Zak Ahmed.

"He wants to get back with me. Zak wants to get back with me." Darryl says out loud. "Oh." Zane breathes, "Do you.. want to?"

"I don't know. You tell me, please." Darryl says, begging for any form of help. "If you really like him you'd be thrilled to finish rehab. Are you?" The other questions. "Not really, but.."

"But?" Zane asks.

"I like the comfort of him being there and.. I like the thought of dating him. But, I don't know." Darryl huffs. "Maybe you should just leave this for another day." Zane suggests and Darryl goes along with it.

(Short chapter because I have school)