chapter 54 | new years kiss

Third Person POV
Today is the 31st of December. In 4 hours it'll strike 12 and it's finally 2021. London was amazing, Zak took Darryl out for a sushi dinner and a bubble tea date during the day.

Later on today at 11pm — 1 hour before 12am; Zak is gonna take Darryl to a new years party. Darryl's never been to a party before. Apparently the party's gonna have alcohol, 7 guest bedrooms, 3 stories and tons of food.

Zak hasn't told Darryl about it yet. He'll tell him in the hotel room. Darryl stuffs his hands into his pockets huffing and burying his mouth in the scarf. "How long until we're back in the room S'Geppyyyyy" The brunette whines playfully, they've been walking around all day. Zak laughs, "Soon. Now shush and stop acting like a baby."

"Rude much." Darryl rolls his eyes sarcastically.

~~~

"Don't change into your pyjamas. We're going to a party." Zak lays on their shared hotel bed. Darryl spits his water out, "Party?! Its new years though!!"

The other shrugs in response, "Yeah, A new years party."

"What's the difference?" Darryl grabs a black jacket from the chair and zips it up. "Hey thats mine!" Zak says, "I was gonna wear that tonight!" He adds on after.

"Well to bad. You can wear my jumper."

"But it's up to my half stomach. It's technically a crop top."

Darryl raised an eyebrow and smiles.

"Oh god. No forget this, i'll go out cold." The black haired male crosses his arms. "But don't you have a concert on the 3rd of January? You cant be performing while sneezing and having a runny nose."

"Fine fine. I'll just buy a jumper on the way."

"If you say so." Darryl shrugs.

~~~

"Zak! You literally just bought a one thousand jacket and spent the money like it's a penny!" Darryl speaks.

"Well it's gonna be a pain dating me. This is on a regular basis. What can i say, i'm rich baby." Zak jokes and Darryl rolls his eyes, "Whatever."

They continue to walk to the party.

~~~

When they arrive at the party music is already blasting through the house. People dressed in skimpy outfits and people chugging down several beers like it's nothing. "Zak. I don't think i can do this." Darryl bites his lip. "It's fine. We can just sit down on a couch or whatever and make some friends okay? We don't need to.. go on the floor and dance and do drugs."

Darryl sighs, "Thank god." He mumbles.

~~~

The couple both find a lounge room. Sitting down on the couch. On the other sofa next to them are two girls making out and basically dry humping each other, Darryl covers his eyes. On the arm chair next to them is a bored woman watching the girls on the couch.

"Uhm excuse me. Do you know where the bathroom is?" Zak asks the woman. She snaps out of her gaze, "Hm? Oh uh it's upstairs i think."

Zak mutters a thank you and leaves. Leaving an uncomfortable silence between the woman and Darryl.

The woman's blue orbs watched Darryl carefully while the brunette sits trying to avoid eye contact. "What's your name?" She asks. "Uhmm.. Darryl? What about you?" He responds. "Leah. Darryl, nice to meet you.."

It goes silent again until Leah speaks up, "Want a drink?" She holds up a mysterious alcoholic drink with no label on it. "Uhm..." Darryl stares at it, Alcohol, he can't have it. "I'm sorry i'm underage.."

"Come on! Do you see all of these 15 year olds getting wasted and drunk?" She grins widely. Zak then noticed what's going on when he arrives, "Uhm i'm sorry he just prefers not to."

Leah nods, "Oh okay."

Zak whispers to Darryl.

"You've got to learn to say no dude."

Darryl nods. "Can we move somewhere else?" The brunette asks clutching onto Zak's hand. "Sure! I'm pretty sure i saw a balcony whilst i was going toilet.. Plus getting selfies taken of me and people crowding me." The tan male chuckles slightly.

They move upstairs and onto the balcony. Zak's hand wrapped around Darryl's wrist while dragging him along.

The balcony was empty, it was small but you could see the view of the building, the lights and the dark sky. Zak and Darryl sit cross crossed and leaned their backs against the wall. "I've never been outside of the united states. Not until now." Darryl sighs, "Thank you Zak."

"Your welcome." Zak smiles to himself, staring down at his lap. Checking his watch to see it's 11:57pm. "Darryl.. You've helped me through so much." The brown eyed male confesses.

"You have helped me too. Plus during me and the alcohol situation. Thank you." Darryl smiles. "Hey," Zak speaks, "I'm wearing your necklace." Zak faces Darryl, Darryl facing Zak.

Zak takes his necklace out, it was tucked inside his shirt. "It looks good on you." Darryl cups Zaks cheek.

Suddenly they start hearing loud yelling of people counting down from 10.

10
9
8
7
6
5
4

"3.. 2.. 1." Zak mumbles. Before leaning in closing his eyes.

Kissing Darryl deeply and passionately. Zak let's Darryl roam his hands around his body.

Fireworks can be heard popping in the sky as they enjoy each other's presence.

When they both pull away with saliva connecting their lips the taller one giggles, "Happy new years babe."