chapter 35 | in short terms

Third Person POV
That night, Darryl disappears without a trace.

Zak had to find out by a call at three in the morning. "What?" Zak groans, he rubs his forehead. "Hello, is this Zak Ahmed?" The voice on the other speaker speaks. Zak immediately inspects it's urgent. "Yes? Yes this is Zak Ahmed." He sits up.

"Erm- yes. Due to social media and friends, are you connected or linked to whoever this following person is.. Darryl Novescosch?" The person seems unsure on how to pronounce Darryls name. "Yeah! Yeah I am! He's uh- my uh, friend." Zak exclaims.

"Right, when was the last time you have seen him?" The woman on the other side asks. "What's your name?" Zak asks. "Carolyn,, when was the last time you saw him?" Carolyn replies. "Yesterday, it was a bit of an er-" Zak stutters "Never mind. Can I just ask, what's happening?"

"Well, this young gentleman has disappeared an hour ago, police are currently working to find hi-"

"Missing?" Zak gasps almost audibly. "Yes, in short terms." The woman nods.

Oh.

Oh.

It's better to tell her.

"Can I inform you something that may help you?" Zak continuously cracks his knuckles. "Go on."

"Before he left after I saw him, he said he wanted to.. drink so much he could- pass out." Zak feels like throwing up. He feels sick. This situation doesn't feel real, so he pinches himself - which results in a painful hiss.

Zak hears typing through the speaker. "Thanks for the information, we'll follow you up whenever we get any new updates. I'm truly sorry for this."

Zak mumbles a 'thank you' before hanging up.

Now he can't ho back to sleep.