chapter 3 | her?

Darryl POV
Me, Harvey and Vincent are now both sitting in a spare room, it's not furnished. All there is a three seater couch and a single arm chair. "I'm pretty sure Kyles here." Vincent smirks, He's sitting on the floor, I'm sitting on the three seater couch and Harvey's on the arm chair. "Is he?" I reply.

"Yeah, go find him!" He smiles. I reply with a short smile, I sit up and start to wander around.

My head perks when I see a familiar lock of ginger hair in the distance. Standing in a room with about 6 other people "Kyle!" I call out. As I walk closer and closer I see someone holding his hand.

Holding his hand?

I silence myself. I shuffle closer, my elbows brushing against others.

Her?

"Kyle, what is Sheila doing with you? And why the fuck is she holding your hand?!" I cry, I normally don't swear but I just couldn't help myself. "Darryl.." He breathes, but nothing comes out. Sheila has a shit eating grin on her face. "Yo they were dating?!" I hear a voice speak in the hallway.

Kyle whispers something in Sheila's ear than flees the scene holding her hand. I can't be here anymore, I run out of the building and into a nearby bookstore. The door made a ringing sound as I walked in. "Hello!" One of the worker smiles, I reply with a wave and start to browse the shelves. I enjoy books, it takes me into a new universe while reading. I work my way to the young adult section, I enjoy reading books with queer representation. I picked up a book and started flicking through the pages, the shop was quiet and peaceful.

As I picked up another book someone bumps into me. "Woops!" They say in a quiet matter, they are now on the floor. "My bad." They whisper. "Why are you so quiet it's not li-"

"Shhhh!" They pull a finger up to their lips, showing a be-quiet signal. The persons face is covered with sunglasses and a mask. I can't make out who this person is, surely not someone from school. I crouch down to meet them. "C-Can you at least tell me what's going on?!" I ask, choking on a few words.

They take of their mask and their sunglasses. "Do you know me now?" He asks, he has black fluffy hair, brown eyes and tanned skin. "Uh- no?" I respond. "Zak? Ahmed?!" He exclaims, "it doesn't ring a bell to me." I reply. "Inside Sweater?" He says. Inside Sweater? "Oh I think I've heard of that, my uh- friend told me about it." I respond, what about them? "I'm the drummer." The brown eyed adolescent states. "Oh yeah my friend call you hot." I casually say without any hesitation. "Oh really? Well I uh- get that a lot." He clicks his tongue in a joking manner.

"Well, What's the drummer doing here in a bookstore and telling me to be quiet?" I cross my arms. I'm now sitting down legs crossed with a millionaire. You know, the casual.

"Well.. the paparazzi caught ahold of me, I had to run five laps for me to finally lose them. I was just trying to get some Wendy's! Well I guess I have to stay here until I think it's safe enough to back out." Zak answers. It goes silent for a while after that.

Zak is the first to break the silence, "So? Tell me more about yourself."

"Your crazy, I just met you." I roll my eyes. "I don't know how long I'm going to be here for.. I need someone to entertain me, plus! I don't even know your name."

I sigh "Fine, I'm Darryl Novescosch. I'm 18, I attend high school and I live with my grandma."

"Why do you live with your grandma?" He questions.

I gulp.

"My parents died when I was 11."

"I-I'm sorry I really shouldn't have as-"

"No no it's fine." I smile, it felt fake. "How about you? What is interesting about you Zak Ahmed." I ask. "Well, I'm 17. I dropped out of high school for Inside Sweater and I'm a drummer." He looks at me. "Nice.. hey uhm- can I.. vent.?" I stammer.

"Yeah sure! What's on?"

"About 20 minutes ago I broke up with my partner." I speak. "I'm sorry that happened, what happened between you and her?" He asks, her?

"Im actually gay haha.. i don't if your cool with that." I advert eye contact. "No it's fine! I'll be like your supportive straight friend." He smiles. "What we're friends now?" I giggle.

"Is that cool?" He mumbles. "Yeah! Do you mind if I can get your number?" I ask him, he looks at me smiling like a jerk. "Not in the that way!!" I cover my face in embarrassment. "It's fine.. I know what you mean." He chuckles slightly. "Yeah of course you can, but your promise you won't tell anyone else? Because I bet people will pay you thousands of dollars for you to tell them my number."

"I promise." I murmur. I take my phone out of my pocket and hand it to him. "You can type it in."

He nods and starts to type in some digits. "Here, and now you can tell me yours."

He takes out his phone too and turns it on, he then hands it to me with it opened on the dialling number thing. (???) I start putting in my number. "Here." I hand the object back to him. "Thanks, I think I'm going to go now so.. yeah I'll see you next time?" He stands up. "I wouldn't be opposed to that." I stand up, he's taller than me. "Looks like I'm finally taller than someone." He laughs. "Stop it!! I'll see you next time." I giggle.

We both wave each other off and i continue to browse around.