chapter 42 | loud banging

Darryl POV
I'm back in Los Angeles. I guess it was time to come back. I made sure to take a faster way home this time, one that only took 14 hours

I missed Grandma and my best friends,, and Zane.

Going back to school is nerve racking. My brain is literally begging for hope that everyone forgot about the erm- situation.

I wore a simple black long sleeve shirt and white shorts. It's very hot today even though it's a week away until Christmas.

I decided to walk to school today, which is about a 19 minute walk away from my house.

When I arrive at school I could almost imagine cold hard stares staring at me everywhere I go. I told Vincent and Harvey to meet me at the front, so now they're on both of my side. They both keep trying to tell me about what has happened since I was gone but I couldn't seem to concentrate.

When I find my locker I find an almost completely rotten banana and all of my books towering on top of each other sitting inside.

"I'm going to class now, thanks." I smile warmly to Harvey and Vincent. We seperate our ways and go to our classes, i got a new schedule, I now have maths first thing in the morning. When I walk in no one is staring at me, I take a seat all the way at the back and get out my books and a blue pen.

When class starts I start to write down notes.

But as soon as the lesson is coming to an end I hear gunshots, a loud alarm starts to play through the speakers. Mr Brown starts yelling at us to get down under our desks. He pulls down the blinds and I can hear the sobs of other students, some calling their parents and some crying in their friends hands.

I didn't know what to do, I don't have my phone and I indeed have no friends, all I can do it just pray for hope.

~~~

Zak POV
I look down at my painted nails, I'm behind stage and we're on in less than an hour.

Last night I finished writing lyrics, I suggested to Cara that maybe we could turn this into a new song for our album next year - she said I should ask the others.

I chew on my lip, I'm wearing a white button up shirt which is buttoned up half way; and white baggy jeans. Although of how cold it is this is what I have to wear. "You all good?" Geo taps my shoulder - I completely zoned out. "Yea- Yeah.." I jump slightly, I feel bad for not listening to what he was just talking about. "You've been acting erm- off lately." He responds, wearing his oversized black and white checkered shirt and black dollar tree Halloween wings.

"I'm fine dude, honestly." I give a fake-ish warm smile to him.

I wonder what Darryls doing, apparently he returned back to home. Probably ditching school to go make out with Zane. Suddenly, I think of a bright idea, "Are you still up to come with me to meet my family after this?" I look at him. "Sure!"

~~~

Darryl POV
My legs are shaking and my arms are quivering, loud gunshots are still going on, the police are coming soon. Hopefully soon enough before they find me dead. Not like that I would care which way whatsoever.

I think of Grandma, Vincent, Harvey, Zane, Poor Rat at home and Zak.

I breathe in slowly through my mouth than exhale slowly through my nose, repeating it over and over again.

Everyone's heads jolt up when we hear loud banging on the door.