chapter 18 | yellow

Third Person POV

Velvet
HOLY SHIT ANT RESPONDED

Darryl
Language z_z. And who is ant??

Velvet
HOT GUITARIST FROM INSIDE SWEATER

Darryl
Oh right yeah, What did he say?

Velvet
"Thank you 😚" OMFGGGG

Darryl
Great! Respond back.

The little read pops up underneath Darryls text. Meaning Velvet saw it; Darryl doesn't seem the big deal, he knows the guy and all and he can easily contact him but with Velvet.. oh fuck he's thrilled - jumping around and typing in all caps thrilled.

~~~

Zak clicks the tongue onto the top of the roof of his mouth, making a wet click sound. The ravenette walks around his house absent minded, it's only a matter of fifty hours until he'd be in front of thousands of people yelling and having their phones out filming him.

Zak stops at his dresser and takes out a brown wooded box. He blows the dust off it and opens it.

He grabs a yellow pendant. Her favourite colour.

Zak holds it up to his best and cuddles it. Inside of the box was a woman's grey hoodie, he brushes it against his nose and sniffs. It smells like middle school.

Next he grabs a birthday card.

Zak! Happy 12th birthday!!
Eat lots of cake and I hope you get your new drum set you've been wanting!!!
Love you, Jeanette. xoxo

Zak feels his face blushing in seconds. He remembers her cursive writing, whenever she would write him a Valentine's Day cards or ask him out to the movies. In high school Zak was one of those people that you see talk to popular people but you don't know who their name is.

On the other hand Jeanette were those girls who were confident and brave - who listen to Britney Spears and watch ICarly or Lizzie McGuire.

On 13th of May, Jeanette asks Zak out by handing down notes in math class. Risky, but it worked.

Will you go out with me?
YES OR NO
✔️

Later that night they spent their afternoon playing super smash brothers together. Laying down in their stomachs eating thin sea salt crisps and drinking lemonade.

Zak stops and puts all of the items back. He then drops onto his knees, kneeling and covering his eyes. Shaking his head continuously, muttering 'no' and 'please' again and again. His eyes start to water tears and he wipes it with the sleeve of his hoodie. Real men don't cry. Right?

~~~

Darryl shot his eyes open. The wind was warm, and it was sunset. All he could hear were birds chirping and.. giggling? Darryl turned his head just to see Zak chuckling, "The suns pretty isn't it?" Zak points to the sun. "Yeah.. what's going on?" The brunette asks.

"What do you mean? Why we're watching the sunset?" Zak pulled his knees up to his chest. "Yeah.." Darryl responds, sitting with his legs crossed. They were seated on a hill with grass, both of them on a black and white plaid picnic blanket.

"I thought it would be nice to take you out for a picnic for our first date." Zak smiles, reaching for Darryls hands and holding them; Darryl instantly snatches his hands back to himself, Zak looks at him, frowning. "I-I'm sorry.. this is too much for me." The emerald eyed boy admits. "Oh alright then." Zak looks back at the sunset.

As much as it was weird for Darryl to be on a date with Zak, he enjoyed this. Everything felt calm here.. and safe.

"You know.. that your- really pretty right?" Zak mumbles. Darryl doesn't answer, he just sits and listens with his face turning pink. "I'm the luckiest man alive to have you."

Darryl blushes again, he's never thought of Zak like this. But Zak's straight anyway, his 'supportive straight friend'

And yet, Darryls not over Kyle yet, he still loves him.

"Who am I kidding," Darryl speaks up after being silent, Making Zak look at him. "This isn't real, this is all a dream." He continues.

"But it can be reality." Zak mutters.

~~~

Darryl battled his eyelashes. Yawning, he checks his phone. '6:21am" Shit I'm late for school." He grunts to himself, hopping out of bed and he stumbles to put on his slippers.

The bus leaves at 7:10, school starts at 7:30. Normally Darryls wakes up at 5:40am, and now he totally messed up his sleep schedule.

~~~

Darryl POV

When I get seated on the bus I suddenly gets a text.

Vincent
I won't be at school today

You
Why?

Vincent
My girlfriends sick and I need to take care of her

I sigh, he's obsessed with her.

I've felt mentally drained lately, after that Inside Sweater live I've been overthinking everything. I haven't opened Twitter in a while - out of sight, out of mind. out of sight, out of mind. Right?

Whatever.