chapter 27 | do i really have to?

Third Person POV (this is rlly short because, just because.)
The room feels damp and cold, the sounds of muffled noises from electronics and beeping filled the building. Darryl doesn't remember much, all he remembers was him leaving the hallway; Darryls bed is slightly upwards, he's awake and is colouring a worksheet with crayons - he just woke up a few minutes ago.

A nurse then walks in. "You have some people visiting you in a few minutes.. they're all on their way."

"Thank you." Darryl weak voice responds. The nurse then leaves. Darryl doesn't know 100% why he's in the hospital, all he has been told was that an accident happened and that he was apart of it.

Darryl picks up a pink crayon, he then colours in the bow the dog in the pictures wearing. Darryl doesn't like the hospital, there's people with there lungs out getting surgeries and people are dying every hour in here. "Darryl?" A voice calls his names out, the brunette immediately perks his head up.

Zak, Harvey, Vincent and Velvet.

Harvey called his voice out, him waving awkwardly while the others are fidgeting.

"Were you guys apart of the accident?" Darryl mumbles, growing concerned for his friends - Or his one so called friend, What are they now,, Are they still angry at each other??

"Dare.. it was just you." Velvet explains. Vincent hits him and mouths something, definitely something that isn't very nice.

"Oh." Darryl let's out a shaky breath, "What happened.?"

-
-

"You kept drinking and drinking, we told you to stop.. you did. But you took more beers to the bathroom with you, so no one could stop you then."  Zak speaks.

Darryl freezes, he promised to never drink again.. rehab?

"Then.." Zak breathes again, "You came out totally wasted and then did some dumb shit."

"What kind of dumb?" Darryl questions. "You kind of- uhm, slipped on the kitchen tiles and laughed about it. You said the pain felt good and you started slipping again and again, on purpose. Slipping until your head bled."

Darryl giggles, that's kinda funny.

"Is that why I have a bandage wrapped around my head?" Darryl chuckles. "Don't laugh, I'm not done."

The emerald boy immediately quietens.

Vincent finishes for Zak,

-
-
-

"You have to go to rehab."

What?!

What?

What.

"I was drunk, it doesn't matte-"

"But you were still sober when you had your first drink." Velvet speaks.

"But.." Darryl breathes, he remembers every detail about Max, the weed, and him. But Darryl can't lie to friends. The night they were smoking Max and Darryl became friends,, said Max himself.

"Forget it." Darryl finishes. "Do I really have to?" He asks again.

"Yes you do."