chapter 25 | leaked online

Third Person POV
Darryl wakes up to his phone blowing up with hundreds of notifications, did he get famous over night? What the fuck could happen in under 8 hours that would cause his phone heating up due to the amount of notifications?

Darryl groans and he grabs his phone which is placed on the nightstand filled with used tissues filled with years from last night, rubbing his eyes he unlocks his phone - That's when the notifications start to flood in.

Kyle
Wtf?! Your dating Zak????

Darryl shoots an eyebrow.

Darryl
I thought I blocked u

Darryl is starting to get paranoid now, what is going on?

Vincent
https:/:teensandtweensnews.com

It's a link to a site, Darryl clicks on it with no hesitation

DRUMMER FROM POPULAR BAND GETS EXPOSED.
Zak Ahmed, A drummer, with hundreds and thousands of fans; Gets exposed and reveals secret relationship.

((picture attached))
the picture is a picture from the time Darryl was laying his head on Zak's lap before performing. The photo seems to be taken at an angle from behind the curtains at the side, the person taking the picture crouching.

((picture attached))
the picture is Zak and Darryl on Zak's couch, taking a selfie, both of them clearly holding hands in the picture.

"What the fuck!?" Darryl yells to himself.

The man in the photos has been been identified but will not be released to the public.

Darryl clicks off the site and calls Zak's number.

"What the fuck Zak!? Did you do this??" Darryl furrows into the speaker. "N-" Darryl cuts him off before he could respond, "Is it because of yesterday?, huh- Zak." Darryl tries to appear more tough.

"No I didn't Darryl." Zak breathes. Darryl pauses at Zak's sudden calmness. "Why are you acting like nothings wrong?" Darryl scoffs in disbelief. "I'm not, my parents been calling me after months without communication, a-and I'm stressing a lot about this. I need to know who took the pictures and leaked it."

"Can't you just contact the article it spread from?" Darryl suggests. "I did," Zak breathes heavily into the mic, "They got it off this twitter account. They gave me the user but the only problem is that the accounts is totally anonymous. The account was made yesterday." The younger rubs the back of his neck.

"I have school today.. now I don't think if I can go." Darryl sighs, disappointment and fear in his tone. "I'll talk to your grandma, give me the phone to her."

The brunette nods

~~~

Darryl didn't go to school that day, he's still angry at Zak and hasn't talked to him since that call this morning. Vincent and Harvey spent their lunch time calling Darryl, apparently last night - the same day Darryl and Zak broke up, Vincent broke up with his girlfriend over text.

"So you guys broke up?" Harvey munches on some potato chips while calling Darryl. "Yeah- Harvey can we just change the subject? I don't wanna talk about that at the moment." He Flips over to his side while relaxing on his bed.

"Ok.. so how are you taking the situation?" Vincent asks. Darryl groans, "I don't wanna talk about that either. That's even worst."

"Okay then? What do you wanna talk about." Vincent sighs. "We can watch the new marvel movie." Harvey suggests cheerfully. "I can't go outside." Darryl replies. "Darryl you shouldn't let this stuff let you to not go hang out with your best friends." Harvey states.

"I wish I could lend you my thoughts Harvey." Darryl starts, "Its not easy."

It really isn't.

"Oh okay, we'll the bell just rang we'll see you soon." Vincent waved him off. They say their goodbyes and end the call?

~~~

Twitter is connecting the dots now, Instagram live, the anonymous person that they've been dying to see has same features as Darryl. The lyrics Zak wrote - fans are suspecting it was written about Darryl too. Everything's adding up.

Zak lays still in his bed. Geo, Cara and Ant came over earlier today, comforting their best friend. They both gave gift baskets filled with new hoodies, written cards and duck related stuff - since as Zak stated multiple times, ducks are his favourite animal.

Zak is still stuck, he got off the call with his manager. They don't know what to do, maybe he just has to take this all in, painfully hoping it would go away. They still have no idea who took the pictures, and god who knows where they got those private pictures from? Did his iCloud get hacked? Was his phone stolen? Is it because one of the other band members? Or is it Darryls friends?; Zak didn't really like them from the start anyway.

Zak then gets a knock on his door

"Yes?" Zak calls out, its Max, he can tell it just by his knock. "Can I come in?" The muffled voice behind the door asks. "Yes." Zak responds. Max opens the door and walks inside, "Look- I'm sorry this is happening,, but you have to go to an interview in a few hours with the rest of the band." Max reminds.

"I really don't wanna fucking go Max." Zak pulls his blanket over him to warm his body. "You have to." Max tugs on his blanket, making it pull down, Zak instantly feels the wind against the skin; making him shiver.

"Yeah yeah." The tan boy yawns. "Okay, pick out your clothes and get changed - we're leaving soon."